Thought on plus size models?

I was thinking about becoming a plus size model. I'm a size 10/11, curvy, and about 5 "6". Does anybody have any tips, comments, concerns, experience?

Most Helpful Girl

• I say,if you want to do it...then do it.Im assuming you would be doing petite work because of your height.But if you really want to do it,get pictures done and look for agencies. Don't listen to some of the responses you got here,get a professional opinion.But if you want to do it...go for it.

• Thanks for BA,and I really hope it works out for you.Make this a goal for yourself in the new year,and please give updates! :)

• You're welcome & thank you so much I will :)

What Guys Said 6

• Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

• LOVE EM... thick chicks are sexy... hate them stick figures... they need to eat or something...

• all healthy girls are pretty :)

P.s. dressing for your body does wonders :)

• More cushion for the pushin

• I see you're dating. I would ask your boyfriend if he wants you being ogled by other men before you make any decisions..how would you feel if he became a model and had girls ogling him..not very good, right?

• I don't think he cares. He wouldn't ever become a model, but if he did I wouldn't mind to be honest.

• Who would want to be your boyfriend anyway...you sound too selfish for me!

• Nobody wants you anon, go read a book damn.

• Try it. It saddens me that you have the choice to be thin and you don't want to be. It's so much healthier.

• I never said I didn't want to be thin, I'm comfortable for now with my body and I am healthy

• Starving yourself to attain that thinness isn't natural...

• Starving? Who said anything about starving? You can get to a healthy weight by just eating the proper foods and moving your body around a bit. No need to deprive yourself of anything.

What Girls Said 5

• Have a good sense of fashion. Not only what to wear but about the fashion business as well. I think plus sized models are just like any other models. They're just a different category than the models you see going down the Victoria's Secret runway. Also know how to dress your body. What's flattering on you and what isn't. You need to look into professional modelling pictures for your portfolio as well as look into a talent agent. Just because its not a business that a lot of people get into doesn't mean that its easy to get into and be successful.

• Good luck!

• If you feel strongly about being a plus size model, then go for it. To be honest with you the modeling industry will probably consider you as plus size, if not close enough according to your size clothing, and height you have posted. Just make sure you strong and want it and be able to take criticism with a grain of salt. And if all things do fail at least you can say you have experienced it and have something to take with you for future reference if you choose to make it a career someday in life. Good Luck with your decision!

• you're too short.

• I think being a model is overrated. I've heard the pay is crappy unless you're a big time model, and its hectic, competitive and often corrupt. I'd put more energy into getting a sustainable career, personally.