Why do girls care so much about their appearance?

I mean its good to look nice bit why does it take so long for you to get ready for an evening out?

Most Helpful Girl

• because we wanna be the best looking girls wherever we go and we wanna look better than the next girl and it boosts our confidence and self esteem when guys check us out and other girls envy us

What Girls Said 12

• it doesn't. takes me an hour in the morning but 45 minutes of that is in the shower because I like to think with water poring over my head & it helps me reset my thinking for a new days. then I brush my hair get dressed & leave. I have never changed outfits to go out. I don't wear clothes I'm not comfortable being seen in wherever I go-no sweats or yoga pants that look retarded- so I don't have to run home & change. that would be a really annoying cut into my day. I hate going home& I only do it if I need to. once I leave for the day I'm gone till after rehearsal midnight or so. go home to change . gimme a break.

• Picking the right outfit is trial and error. You have to put a bunch of stuff on and take a bunch of stuff off before you know what looks good together. Straightening or curling hair takes a lot of time and patience, especially if you have long hair. And proper makeup application can take 30 minutes or longer.

• because we wanna impress everyone...

-we wanna impress other girls to make them think we are prettier than them,

-we wanna impress guys because they are too visual and they just check out what they find attractive

-we wanna impress our own guy. be prettier than other girls it's a way to say ''you wouldn't feel the need to look to another girl than myself all night''

• Cause they wanna look good for the guys and there's already lots of competition, even if they have a man, other women can try to take him away, so why not pretty yourself up to try to avoid this issue?

• because if I didn't you'd leave the house without me

• because I wanna take care of my body and look my best.. it's a good confidence and self image boost when I look nice...

• makeup is quick. straightening hair is what takes a while. straight, sleek hair sometimes looks more 'fancy' than my usual wavy mess.

• Dude, do you know the process of striaghtening curly hair?

F***ing takes decades..

• But why would you do that? Curly hair is so much prettier than straight hair.

• Are you sure?

Because when I leave it in the curly state...people say I look sloppy and messy. I don't need people telling me I look dirty...if I am going to a party or something.

• In terms of getting ready to go out for the evening, it's more about the process for me...it's fun to put on some music and spend time doing my hair/makeup and deciding what to wear.

As far as your main question, "why do girls care so much about their appearance?"...everyone cares about their appearance to some extent. It's a societal construct.

• Once you actually start paying attention to what you look like, it's easy to try to "perfect" every piece. Think of it as a case of micomanagement due to intense scrutiny...

• Because guys care about our appearance.

• Well, girls are brought up with Barbie dolls... which don't do much for self esteem. Most of the time we are just trying to look pretty because we want to feel attractive. If there is a special girl in your life tell her you think she is beautiful without trying. We need the encouragement sometimes :)

What Guys Said 0