Are you unattractive and feel that your expectations are too high? Be honest!

Honestly, who thinks they need to lower their standards or just be alone? I'm coming to a point where I understand that I need to just be content with being alone lol I know I'm not hot or sexy at all and yet I want guys who are that way. A cute face doesn't get you very far on it's own, if your body isn't all this or that. And I'll be honest my personality is a bit much for most people, as far as a relationship goes. Its irrational and hypocritical for me to be set on these hot guys. But I don't want uggos either so I'd rather just be by myself.

Can anyone else relate? Or am I just weird? lol that's a possibility as well. And it doesn't help when you have friends telling you that you're attractive when you're really not, and expecting you to be with cute guys and saying you can do better when you really can't. Oy, genetics are a bitch.

I just try to focus on other sh*t and leave guys alone. Like I'm just not competing with gorgeous, hot girls because we all know I'm going to lose. I'm not even bitter or angry about it. I mean if I'm trying to talk to a guy and miss perfect comes over, I will literally voluntarily peace out lol I'm only 21 but I'm already at the point where I know it's pointless to compete for some guy or try to get him to like me if he's good looking. Even when they like me, I'd rather not even go there. A hot guy is going to have hot, sexy girls after him. And I expect him to dump me or cheat on me because I'm not very attractive. I just think it's smarter to avoid that, and to avoid rejection which is almost certain in my case.

So not a pity party right now, just being honest about my reality. Anyone else have the same situation or maybe something similar that makes you feel like your standards are too high for another reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls who think they're unattractive can get guys they find very attractive if there's chemistry and their personalities are a good match.

My boyfriend is much more attractive than me, but for some insane reason or another he loves me, and that's why he's with me.

Don't think you'll be alone forever.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I think these days your body partially determines how good looking you are so maybe that's why you feel that way idk.

Because if you think about it you can take almost any average looking face, slim it down, put some physique/ tallness(sometimes shortness for girls) and they can look way above average.

Just my 2 cents

• Honestly I don't really find myself to be attractive due to low self-esteem but, it seems like all I'm really looking for is a girl around my level as far as A decent body shape, doing something with herself, & good head on her shoulders. Seems like the majority of those girls are far beyond my level so I don't even try. :/

• I agree, same here.

• Yup well you know my pain then. I'm not happy with guys that are "on my level" either. It's okay

• It takes a whole while to lots of people to understand that looks is not what brings happiness.

You don't understand it neither, it seems, since you are talking about "hot" guys.

Your partner is not an ego boost. Your partner is your partner because there is a connection.

If you're not beautiful, be smart, kind, funny, wild in bed. All this is far more interesting in the long term than looks.

• Wow, at least you're honest with yourself.

• Lol what's the "wow" for? And yeah I have these moments, somewhere between my phases of delusional awesomeness.

• Yes, I'm not that attractive and my expectations are high but if you did lower your expectations then you might end up with some1 who , in the end , you'll break up with anyway so what's the point in looking for anything less you know? .^^

• Change what you can, accept what you can't

Do P90X. Hot girls aren't always healthy, but healthy girls are always hot.

What Girls Said 3

• LOL, it sounds like you read my mind...

wow...everything you said sounds like how I feel.

I agree with everything you wrote. I feel the same way you do.

• Yeah, I'd say I like guys that are on a scale of 1-10 , at least an 8.

• I'm kind of the same way. I know I'm not attractive, but if I wanted to date someone, I'd want an attractive guy. I don't really want to date though so it doesn't matter.