Girls, why are tall guys attractive?

Is it because they stand out? Look better? Why?

Im talking like 6'3 +

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh that's a bit much. I'm only 5'3 so that would probably be weird to date a guy who is like 6'7 lol

I like them around 5'10 to 6'1, that's perfect

It doesn't matter if he's like 5'7 or 5'8 though, if he's really cute as well. I like guys that height as well. I mean it's still like 4 or 5 inches taller than I am so yeah lol Even if I wear heels, I won't be taller than him (unless those are some super freaking high heels!) so it doesn't matter. When I take my shoes off, I go back down. I like the look of a guy being taller, it's sexy. I like having to reach up to kiss him, and I like being small enough to fit into his arms. It's cute. Also it's what we have been taught for years lol being tall is associated with masculinity. I still like it. And it kind of makes him seem a little bit dominant or powerful, like he could easily bend me over his knee for spank if I need it. It's hot. it makes sexy time way more fun. He can toss me around easily, I can crawl on top of him and it looks hot in part because I am shorter, he can pick me up easily, etc. Being shorter makes it easier to play up the submissive, sexy factor in bed.

Also the guys I've dated have all been much taller than I am, at least 5'10. Taller guys seem to love shorter girls and I guess I picked up on that when I was younger and it stuck with me. Knowing that my height is a turn on for a lot, but certainly not all, guys is a turn on for me.

Oh and yeah the whole feeling protected thing as well :) In reality I have napoleon syndrome though haha

I'm a munchkin. Just need someone to help me reach the top shelves and stuff :)

What Girls Said 11

• Hmm, well for me a guy's height itself doesn't matter much, it's more his face and how good he looks that appeals to me, physically that is. It's a bonus if he's taller, but 6'3"+ is very tall to me since I'm 5'3". I've been attracted to guys of all heights though, closer down to my level and also up there at like 6'5".

• Not all tall guys are attractive and we don't necessarily look for tall guys but we feel protected when they tower over us? I don't know.. I like muscle/built guy more than tall. Though he has to be taller than me or else I feel big/fat/awkward

• well I'm not a short girl, I like to wear heels, and tall guys seem more manly.. for me they gotta be at least 5'8 5'9.. they make me feel safe and tall runs in my fam so I'm used to tall and I don't like towering over short guys.. it feels weird and I'm sure they don't like it.

• I like when a girl is taller than me WITH heels on. I'm 5'8" however...she should be shorter than me without them on. So, if you're 5'6" and wearing 3 inch heels, that's super sexy for me. Something about the whole "making you taller than me" with heels on is just such a turn on to me

• ya you sound like my sister's fiancee.. except he's waay shorter than her.

• All tall guys like that are NOT attractive.There are so many other components involved to make a person attractive.Its definitely not just height.

• I don't find guys that tall attractive, at least not simply because of height. I'd prefer a guy that was around 5'8" or 5'9".

• i'm perfectly fine with 5'8...

• Not all tall guys are attractive however,my crush/fwb is 6'2. He's such a hottie;-)

• im a girl and I feel like girl pick guy that are taller because it makes them feel more protected.

• I'm 5"3 my ex was 6"4...I didn't fancy him for his height lol...far enough I like a guy to be taller than me, guess it all goes back to the whole male - female thing, males are usually bigger, taller, stronger than females and that's what we find attractive :)

• i don't like tall guys I like them 5'8"-5'11"

• Girls like feeling protected. And we associate height with having the power to protect us. We also are naturally submissive (for the most part).

What Guys Said 2

• My girlfriend is 5'6" and she said I just barely made the cut at 5'10". She wasn't going to date anybody shorter than that because it becomes awkward if the girl is taller she says. She likes to feel more feminine, i.e. smaller. She likes to be able to rest her head on my chest or shoulders when we're both standing. She likes me to be able to wrap my arms around her. She likes to be able to hide behind me when a big dog is running up to us. These are the reasons she gave me for why she wanted a guy who was 5'10" minimum.

• It makes them feel protected, and it makes them feel more feminine. It's not their actual ability to defend them that makes them more attractive, it's the feeling of protection really tall guys tend to exert.