I don't get it. I thought guys hated muscular girls?

I've always been pretty active and I used to look pretty ripped for a girl. Funny enough I got approached by guys ALL THE TIME back when I had defined muscles in my abs and legs and arms. I still work out like I used to but I'm not as good about watching what I eat as I used to be as a result I don't have the definition I used to. I still have the muscle, just now it's hidden by a small layer of fat. You would think I'd get even more attention from the boys since I no longer have so-called "man arms" or ripped abs but lo and behold, what do I hear? CRICKETS! Seriously, what's the friggin deal guys?! You're supposed to hate muscular girls and like us softer like I am now. How come I used to be swarmed with guys back when I was built and now I can't get a guy to save my life?

Most Helpful Guy

• A picture paints 1000 words, and this only has about 182. It could be your confidence has decreased since then, it could have been a different environment. Maybe you weren't as buff as you make out.

It could be anything, so what do you want us to say? A lot of girls say they don't like muscles, but go for them. That's life.

What Guys Said 5

• If a girl has some good muscle, that's great. If her muscles create lines/cracks along her skin, that's a turn off.

• depends on how muscular you're talking about. if a girl has biceps or legs like a guy I'd find that a total turn off.

• Men are INTIMIDATED by muscular women and the weaker ones can't deal with it. However, men love muscle on woman. What they hate is being upstaged by women. In other words, sexists.

• One of the most common lessons on GAG is that girls are the least knowledgable about what men actually find attractive.

• I don't mind a muscular girl, as long as she's not stronger than me, it's embarrassing.

What Girls Said 1

• They like TONED, not muscular hahah.