Do you ever feel self conscious for being good looking?

There's no humble way to ask this question but I'm curious. I find that people assume I am conceited because I'm attractive and carry myself confidently. I used to be timid. I thought being more outgoing would attract more people to me but I still get the cold shoulder and so do other good looking people I know. I'm NOT intimidating but people seem to look at me and assume that. I AM friendly, but I seem to make people nervous. As I said, there's no humble way to say something like this, but I want to know if anyone else experiences anything like it and if it makes you more self conscious as a result.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are stupid like that, no... People are stupid like that. In a world where beauty is a most-valued product, we tend to overprice it a LOT. Men think that they are too ugly/stupid/out of your league, women just envy you. I have a similar problem, as a pretty attractive male I used to be passed along as something unachievable by girls, which is not true, I really don't care that much about looks, also guys envied me, because I had incredibly cute girlfriends( not a single normal looking girl ever talked to me, I was stuck with stupid, brainded, but pretty women) and on top of that their own girlfriends used to talk about me being "hot".

My advice: Just walk to a group of people and show them you true self, try opening with a dirty joke of some sort ( but let it be funny). And do not let your confidence show too much when you are talking to people or the guy/girl you like, might scare them away.

• "Men think that they are too ugly/stupid/out of your league,"

THIS! I currently have a crush on a guy who is not what most women consider handsome. He's incredibly nice and a friend of mine said so then added "But I couldn't kiss him and be happy with that." I think he's gorgeous though. But he is nervous around me, will stare but do nothing else, and has recently just started being cold. He has no idea how I feel and has just written himself off my list assuming I'm out of his league.

• True. Turning cold is a legit "getting over"thechnique. Show him your affection, he will come around !

What Guys Said 1

• I do know one thing..the problem with extremely good looking people...is that we're not well liked.

What Girls Said 3

• I've been in this situation...but not often because I speak candidly to everyone and use my sense of humor so people can't help but like me. I'm not saying I go out of my way for people to like me,but I make it a bit easier for some one to...by being myself. There's nothing you can do if someone disikes you for supericial reasons.Women may be jealous,men may be intimidated...thats not your problem,its theirs.

• I have experienced this and you shouldn't make other peoples insecurities your problems. I have noticed myself that I make people nervous, and have been told I'm "intimidating" because I'm attractive and how I carry myself. I just don't get it, should I walk around with a sour puss and my head down instead? Your friendly, outgoing, attractive and confident - perfect source for haters. They should be your motivaters... keep your head up high.

• I feel like that all the time and then I start thinking that I don't get approached because I'm not attractive enough, I also get given dirty looks by other females and that's just annoying.