Ugg boots to a wedding?

My friend is getting married in 2 days, and I was invited but just yesterday she told me to be her witness because one of her friends wasn't going to make it. So, she says it will be outdoors at her house, nothing too big. Its not a real real real wedding, I mean it is real but the thing is that she kinda has to, to help someone out. So its not a real big one. And since I was just told, and I don't have money to buy myself something better, I was just thinking on going with some jeans and ugg boots :/ I don't wanna look all weird but yea, she told me that there's no dress code and I can go however I want but I still feel weird, maybe people are going to be dressed better than me.

Would it look bad if I go like that?

Ok so I don't have skirts or dresses. And like I mentioned above, I don't have money either to buy anything. Well what about jeans and sandals? :/
ok it looks like I won't be her witness anymore, because it sounds like I'm a freak for not having a damn dress in the winter!
Well, turns out, there WERE girls there with jeans and uggs. Damn, guys had nicer answers than girls! :O

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah sure, it doesn't even sound like a real wedding, more like a Vegas wedding or something. Ask her if it's OK though, I'd expect it should be.

What Guys Said 3

• She's nice.

Dress within your means. This is why I don't fancy label whores too much, because it's all about the brand and not the absurdly high price tag (well it kinda is if you want to brag about how rich you are). I would rather see someone dressed in their casual attire rather than someone dressed glamorously with a huge credit card bill that she cannot pay off.

• honestly if you wore uggs to my wedding I'd be like wtf lol

• lmao I know right, I probably would too. I think I should change to sandals at least I don't know :/

• Can you borrow something from a friend?

• Eww no.

What Girls Said 10

• i think you should just wear a casual kind of dress, simple jewelry, and flats. nothing too formal because then you would look overdressed but you should still look nicer than the stuff you wear day to day. it is better to be a little overdressed than underdressed, less embarassing

• Oh yea I forgot to mention I don't have any dresses! And as I wrote on the question, I don't have money to buy me one :/

• any skirts or nice pants and a top? you must have some clothes that are a bit fancier than uggs and jeans lol

• It's innapropriate to wear uggs to a wedding. It just shows a lack of respect. And since she's given you the role of being witness, you should put a bit more effort into it. I'm sure you hve other shoes besides uggs. Sandles will do or nice flat shoes if you have any, jeans wouldn't be too bad if you wear a nice dress top to go with it. If you can, you could ask a friend, for something to borrow. What about the one getting married? Or if they aren't your size, ask if their sibblings have any. There's no harm in that.. At least it would show that you've tried and put effort into it - also showing you care.

If you simply rock up in those uggs, it will portray you as careless and disrespectful, even if you don't mean that.. :)

• Even though it's not a fancy wedding, at least try to look decent. Wear some slacks or a nice skirt and flats. Please don't go in jeans and Ugg boots, that's just tacky.

• No Uggs at the wedding...Sandals might work depending on what they look like, you should look for some flats or something.

• Go buy some flats and a skirt at Shopko. Target. Walmart. They don't have to be gorgeous or expensive, they just have to fit the occasion.

• Boots to a wedding? No. I don't care what kind of wedding it is-its tacky.

Just my humble opinion.

• No, yuckk

• you're going to wear jeans and boots to a wedding? I wouldn't let you if I was the bride

• jeans and uggs at a wedding, even one with no dress code, is incredibly innapropriate. A skirt or dress would be best, but since you don't have any (how is that even possible that you don't have 1?!) then a pair of dress pants and a nice top would be the next best thing. Uggs and jeans at a wedding ceremony are just an absolute no-no, there's no exceptions. I can't even believe someone would think it's OK to wear Uggs to a wedding smh.

• lol @ QA downvoting me because you wanted to go to a wedding dressed like trailer trash, asked for opinions, and I told you mine. @ update, do you not wear dresses in the summer? Do you just magically throw 'em all out when winter rolls around? What about dress pants? Have an ounce of class and don't wear uggs to someone's wedding, jeez.

• If you don't have anything to wear borrow it from a friend or a family. That is a simple solution. . .

• Don't have friends my size, don't have girls in the family.

• Talk to the bride is possible that she would be nice enough to help you out after it is her wedding.