Why is it automatically assumed that good-looking people have no personality?

There are those old age questions out there that people ask about looks, body types etc... Most people whether they are honest or just trying to look good say they never go for looks, but for personality. They say they will skip the hot guy/girl for an average looking person if they have a good personality. Who is to say that the hot/good-looking person doesn't have a good personality? Especially since there is that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" What's hot to one person might not be to another.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. I think sometimes people want to seem like they're being un-shallow by saying that (kudos to them). I think others have encountered a few good looking people that were dull a**holes before. What they forget is that they've probably encountered just as many unattractive people who were dull a**holes as well lol

Overall, whether people like it or not, good looking people are at an advantage and they always will be. So maybe for some, claiming they all have bad personalities is a way to level the playing field.

• ** I also agree with the girls below. I think it's also more common for good looking people to rely on their looks instead of developing a personality.

What Girls Said 5

• it makes less attractive people feel better to have something "over" on good looking people because good looking people have an advantage in society. its like "well you may be better looking than me, but my personality is better!". also there ARE some good looking people who are rude, have bad attitudes, or snobby (like high school movies, the popular girl/guy was always mean) but those behaviors can be found in average and ugly people too.

• i think that's just saying you're open to average people because you care about personality, not that good looking people don't have a good personality. it's more that you can see all the trees in the forest, so to speak, instead of the giant green tree amongst all the brown ones? You know?

• A lot of people (not me lol) assume that good-looking people are often conceited, stuck-up, high maintenance, etc. There are people that look good & KNOW they look good, & they think it's a license to act how they want because they're going to get attention anyway. Not all good-looking people are like that, though.

• Sometimes hot people are so self-satisfied that they don't bother with trying to be interesting. I know a girl who has no life outside of buying clothes, waxing her eyebrows, dying her hair, and getting manicures--which is kind of miserable, I think. There's so much more to life.

• because they're too hot to develop a personality or brain, drr.

What Guys Said 1

• Good looking people get their way because of their looks, so they never have to worry about developing a personality