Do more attractive people of your own gender treat you badly?

I'm not attempting to say that all the more attractive people will treat less attractive people badly. All of my female friends are more attractive than me and they're total sweethearts.

However, I've noticed that when I'm interacting with females that are more attractive than me they sometimes have the tendency to talk down to me and sometimes be outright bitches. This happens with coworkers, customers, sales people, and even strangers (the other day I was apparently walking too slow and a hot girl about my age told me to move my ugly tired ass).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't really happen to me. I find that a lot of the girls who are more attractive tend to just be kind of "snippy" with me, but mostly it's just a lot of once-over glances and cold stares. Other than that, I find it's the girls that for the most part are considered to be "merely okay but by no means anything spectacular" that tend to really have it out for me. Truth be told though, I find that the girls who do go after me tend to suffer from a lot of insecurities, and it's not so much my "looks" that they're attacking (since in all honesty, there's quite a few better looking people where I live) but more-so my confidence, since I'm really comfortable with who I am and how I look.

But bad personalities and nasty attitudes aren't selective based on attractiveness, so it really just depends on the female at hand. And what that girl said to you is just rude. With things like that, I find that it's almost always not an accurate or truthful reflection of the person being harassed, as it is just of the girl's nasty attitude.

What Guys Said 8

• well not really, I guess some guys who are attractive as well tend to give off bad looks when I walk by.

I wouldn't say they are threatened by me but they seem like they aren't too thrilled for me to be around either. I get stare downs, glares, some even try to show off , which is kind of funny.

I wonder what I did but oh well =/

• In middle school I was picked on occasionally by the more "popular" kids for being overweight. But I wouldn't say that it was because they were attractive, just because they thought that was a cool thing to do.

• I used to have that problem in grade school, now I can't recall the last time someone honestly called me ugly. Next time I think you should let me walk by you next time that happens so I can counter her comment by telling how cute your ass is haha

• No, but more popular guys treat me badly.

• People who think they're more attractive than me have been d***s before. It doesn't happen too often though, because I'm a pretty big guy, and I have even bigger friends, so nobody ever really messes with me.

• Not really.

• Never happened to me. Some people are just mean, period.

• No, but the ones who do are called the haters.

What Girls Said 8

• yes the mean insecure ones! people like that are the ones who really front because they look good on the outside. usually they happen to be the ones with not much going on besides their looks and perceived status, so they are the most insecure and judgmental about it. they feel that they are superior because of their looks, so anyone who isn't "on their level" image wise is inferior to them. Not all are like this, there are many attractive people who are cool and respectful. Most people grow out of that in high school. It all depends on what they're like on the inside which determines what they will do. Rude behavior can be found in average people and ugly ppl.

• yeah, attractive people deffo have a certain privilege which some people let get to their heads.

• No this hasn't really happened to me. Generally, for me, the lesser attractive ones are mean to me. It's very strange.

• No, I find almost unanimously it's less attractive females who give me a hard time.

That being said, there are a lot of attractive females who can be condescending. Lots of women are just BAG, "Bitches-At-Large," true to form.

• I notice that some girls do this like I say this 20 year old girl do this to a 12 year old and I was like what the hell I want to slap that b***h and when other girls do this to me I just smile and go about my day... But in general I think it happens to everyone there's always going to be that one person

• No, they seem more confident if anything. they only treat you badly if you're hotter than they are

• I've had people who some would consider less and more attractive than myself treat me like sh*t. Being an a**hole has nothing to do with your looks and everything to do with your personality.

If some chick seriously told me to move my ugly, tired ass, she'd get her ass beat...

• I'll generally agree with you but I do have to say, people in the 99th percentile in terms of attractiveness are often cold and jaded from all the attention they receive.

p.s. I'd watch that fight.

• +1. What a bitch, I'd beat her ass to. I'd be like, "Excuse me? Bitch you wanna say that again?"

• No, not really, but I do notice stuck up hot girl vibes.