Extremly dry lips? what to do beside blistex and co?

my lips are alwayws extremely dry. I've tried everything from labello over blistex and even just natural products nothing works! it is always the same my lips are dry so the skin goes down (if there are already some flaps of skin I pull it down because it's a strange feeling and it looks gross and then I bleed a bit..., then the skin grows again and it become dry again and I pull it down again...

what can I do against it? D: this is so bothering

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop peeling it. It'll just become a vicious cycle if you continue to do that.

Get aquaphor instead of blistex or whatever you are using. That is the only one that I've found that helped with that type of chap lips. That, or I would get the hemp lip balm from bath and body works or jack black lip balm. Apply it throughout the day continuously, don't let it dry out. Right before you go to bed, coat your lips with neosporin to promote skin growth. If you leave your lips alone for 3-4 days, it'll clear right up. Hope that helped.

• btw... I tried the vaseline for weeks with no progress. It only keeps the moisture on your lips but it does NOT actually moisturize it. And it made it more dry.

What Guys Said 2

• You're treating symptoms, they will never heal unless you treat the cause. Drink water!

8 glasses a day to start, then you can reduce it to 5-6 if you want.

As for the symptoms, try applying some coconut or olive oil.

• water helps, vaseline too

What Girls Said 5

• Aquaphor! Or Vaseline. It has helps you heal! A lot of chapsticks have stuff in them that actually make your lips dryer so that you use more and get "addicted" to them. Make sure you exfoliate your lips first though. This site won't let me put links but check YouTube for "Miss Jessica Harlow" and click the video "Kissable Lips" very helpful =)

• smother your lips in vaseline every night before you go to bed like proper coat them with a really thick layer and during the day a normal thin layer this will help alot.

• you are sensitive to FLORIDE in toothpaste..

• Buy a cheap toothbrush, put vaseline or some sort of product on your lips and scrub off the dead skin.

• When my lips get bad I use A and D ointment on them. I leave it on for a bit then wipe it off with a warm wash rag to get all the skin of. I usually put carmex or more a and d ointment on after that.