What do girls think of a guy who wears a skirt?

What do you girls think of a guy who wear a skirt ? Just about 3 inches or so above the knee.No flowery or femmy style.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think he is adventourus, brave and interesting. Go for the formal look (grey, dark colors). What type of shoes are you planing to wear ? This is a key point for a guy. Don't try to make a gender statement, just try to look cool and you will get the right type of attention. You have to shave your legs and don't use fancy pantyhose, just stick to tights or nothing.

• Hello Andrea 9,

I like your response.It showed a non judgmental person,and mature. Shaving the legs is for sure a must.

Thank you for your comments ! Andrea 9

What Girls Said 8

• Well skirts in general were created for women. Doesnt really make a difference if it has flowers and lace or not. Personally, I really don't give a sh*t what someone else does with their life as long as you aren't hurting anyone. I feel the same with being gay or whatever. It isn't my business and everyone should try and find their own little slice of joy in life. I mean I think its weird...but whatever.

Now if you are asking if I would ever date a guy that wears a skirt, I would say absolutely not. No way.

• I must correct you in this one: skirts were created for men. You can google it ! In western culture, skirts date at least from the times of the roman soldiers (above the knee). Pants, (or trousers) were created for men, but women quickly started to wear them in the 50s. Yes society thought it was awful... just as people see a guy wearing a skirt today.

• Im being specific to America and the style that has develeoped HERE. . If it is culture specific like Scotland or something, that's a whole different story. But regardless, its all about what that person prefers. I personally would not feel comfortable with a guy looking through my closet for a nice skirt to wear to dinner. Nor would I want him to wear a dress.

• Hi Dollface-86,

The skirt was created for men by men actually.Do a google search on the history of the skirt.You will be surprised .Pants were envented to be worn when horse back riding. But I thank you for your honestly and comment ! X

• It would be different, but why not? :P

• errrr... ok... it would be a little weird but if that made him happy then ok... I person should always be happy even if other think different... so yeah it would be every weird but if that is what you are into then knock yourself out... :)

• Why would you want to wear a skirt?

• Well,skirts are better than shorts. Fit better and as Andrea 9 had said " Skirts were created for men. You can google it ! In western culture, skirts date at least from the times of the roman soldiers (above the knee). Pants, (or trousers) were created for men, but women quickly started to wear them in the 50s. Yes society thought it was awful... just as people see a guy wearing a skirt today " and it wasn't until the late 30's early 40's ( WW II era ) was the first time women wore pants.

• i think that's a veeery bad idea ... I bet it will be horrible ! >< Well I can't imagine guys with dresses thus I can't imagine them with skirts ! Unless they are gays ... !

• is he scottish?

• Scottish is irrelevant

• Kilts and hot legs= amazing grrrr

• Kilts - yes. ONLY if you're Scottish.

Skirts? No. Just no..

• Did you know a "KILT" is a skirt and it is a type of skirt ? Its true... it would be like saying "put on your shoes" (what kind) Thank you for your comment

What Guys Said 4

• Why do you care what girls think? I don't get it.

• Im just curious from their point of view

• In some countries in Europe, you might get away with it. In a Jean-Paul Gautier style. Mens skirts have been unsuccessfully launched a couple of times and never hit the mainstream.

• Id say wear one about 6 inches or more above the knee with pantyhose and heels.

• Unless you're Scotland, no.