Women, would you ever wear mini skirts like these?

These are quite popular around the UK for club nights out. How many girls here are into them? What is the appeal? don't you feel a bit scandalous?

link

Should add, they are usually wearing these as well link

I guess I know clubbing is all about looking and feeling sexy. I am just curious do you do it more to impress and hopefully get a sexy guy or are you like Maggie G and you just do it for your self?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on why a girl is wearing them. Some girls wear them for guys to look at them "scandalous" reasons therefore, yes they'd feel that way. Others who wear them because they feel good in them or better about themselves and don't care if people like it, or not won't feel scandalous rather happy with themselves and the way they look cause they're not out to grab attention. Although I may agree that most girls who wear those types of skirts wear them for scandalous reasons, but I personally have worn them for my personal preference and taste and mood that day, had nothing to do with guys or grabbing anyones attention.

What Girls Said 10

• They're popular in the US as well. Its just a type of club style. That's how 99% of the girls in the club dress. I would (and have) worn dresses like that. I think they're sexy for the club. I want to go there and feel sexy and dance, a cute dress that shows off my body is my best option.

• Would I ever wear a mini skirt like that?

Probably not, just because I just am not into that kind of stuff. I already have more than enough stuff to show off, and that would be way over the sexyfactor than I am willing to go :P

But I do see a lot of girls who are clubbing wearing stuff like that. So it's definitely popular where I am as well. It's a popular look for the college-aged crowd :)

• all women wear something that hugs their body the right way. we all want to feel beautiful and gorgeous when we go out. some women will wear that some wont. we choose on what will look good on our body and to look better than the next girl lol

• I've seen them around a lot in Canada as well. In the big cities, that is. Personally I would not wear anything of the sort, but I am most comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt.

• If I had the body for it, and if it were appropriate to the place I were going to, yes I would wear it.

• I wear stuff like that =) BUT I usually put opaque tights/pantyhose so it's not too much skin. I dress up for myself. It gives me confidence. Sometimes I'll try and impress a specific guy but I don't go out in short dresses hunting for guys haha.

• Kind of. I do wear plenty of short skirts/dresses - but not usually such tight bodycon dresses. Why? I have decent legs and I feel good when I'm wearing them. I don't do them to impress anyone, or make myself appeal to people more. I like clothes, I like experimenting with them, and I'm comfortable with my body. I will wear what I want.

And no, I don't feel scandalous at all. Most girls here wear far more provocative clothing than that, and it's considered the 'norm'.

• omg in the us we wear them all the time especially in college. that's like all we wear on nights out

• No, I wouldn't. I dress casual/tomboy and I hardly ever wear skirts/dresses unless it's a requirement or a formal occasion. So my opinion might not be that useful...

• I wear sexy clothes when I go clubbing. BUT I am careful to not look slutty. My dresses are tight and flattering without revealing to much skin. They can be short ( not under my chin tho), tight and flash a bit of cleavage but not al at the same time. It seems to work well for me

And yea I dress to impress me. Guys are a bonus :)

What Guys Said 2

• If you don't want to get raped, don't wear something like this without anything else covering your legs.

Just saying.

• Ye a lot of UK women wear these anyway plus combine it with a lot of drinking. Women in the UK are inprudent in general, I guess it is because it is a pretty safe country so it is rare that anything happen. Expecially with cctv and a lot of police.

• *facepalm*

I knew this comment was going to happen. I didn't say that is an invitation. I didn't imply it either. Nor did I say or imply that the girl wearing clothes like this is an excuse.

What I am implying, is that certain men do s?? this as an invitation.

And that if you wear a piece of clothing like this, the chances of getting raped increase. It's just common sense.

• *that it is

*see

• Loads of girls wear them where I'm from. Slags everywhere!