Why do some people think Pajama pants are aceptable to wear in public

I see girls (and guys also) wear Pajama pants all the time in public and to college, and it is so dumb looking. I even see some girls wearing pajama pants with Uggs? Why wear pajamas in public it look so lazy, and makes you look like you do not care about yourself. Also why would a girl wear pajama pants tucked into Ugg boots It looks even worse than pajamas If you are going to make that horrible mistake, don't tuck you pants in (especially baggy ones)

No guy or girl should wear pajamas in public, they are meant for home. I would be embarrassed to wear my pj's in public. You can dress comfy without tooking lazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you on this pj's for bedtime not for public, if you are going out in public you should be at least in clothes I don't think being tired or in a rush is an excuse. I know people can wear whatever they want but this really bugs me it just looks so lazy and cheap.

• Thank you. Bedtime clothes are meant for home and home only. I am not saying people cannot be comfortable, but at least have enough self respect to put on a pairr of pants.

What Girls Said 19

• Nope, its just that they don't care what YOU or anyone thinks. I wear them but I also get dressed up when I have to. I'm not going to meet the President or someone important while in class or going for a run to the store so why spend the time and effort to dress up for strangers?

• But it looks so stupud. People should at least look presentable in public. You can still dress comfy without looking like a hobo. And I am not talking about just girls, guy sshould not wear them either.

• What bothers me is in America people used to work hard. People used to have dececy, and care about their appearcne, people would dress nice in public. Society was strong and America was a strong country back then. Now it has become a lazy society, that is falling apart. This si what bothers me, and it should bother everyone. And nobody cares.

• A girl who answere dabove from the UK was schoked that people in America wear p[ajam pants in public and said we are f'd up. You see it is not normal to dress like this, other countries do not. I'm sorry but only lazy people wear pajama pants.

• I'm not going to get my panties in a twist about it, but I agree people who wear pajamas in public are basically screaming I don't care about my appearance or that I look like a lazy bum... but who cares really. it happens a lot at the college I go to, especially during finals. I usually at least throw on some sweatpants or something if I'm going to have a lazy day

• I used to wear them all the time when I was in 9th grade(last year) because I lived in the desert and I woke up an hour earlier than at my new school (at the beach) where I am now, I would actually feel embarresed to wear pajama pants in public. Many people judge where I live and its mostly rich kids who have really nice stuff. I wear nice clothes now, I feel more respected from people and for myself. I really don't consider people right away that they are lazy because they wore pajamas pants one day, they maybe woke up late or is having a hard time. I usually view people who wear that stuff as being comfortable and not giving a sh*t about what people think about them. Everyone has an opinion about it but honestly it's not a big deal and I don't consider it wrong to dress like that in public.

• I liked your answer. When people dress nice it makes them look like they care, and they will be more respected. I think people should care to a certian exent how they look. If I was a manager I would never hire a person who dressed and acted like they do not care. what others. When I see a girl who dresses like she does not care what others think. I see people who wear pj pants in public as people who have no self respect.

• I would dress professionally if I was going to try to get a job. The person who actually got me into wearing nice clothes is my mom and my cousin(fashion desighner). I do care what people think as well, if I'm going to be judged, I want it to be positve. What a person wears is how their personality is.

• I agree 100%. I don't dress fancy, but I wear clean clothes, that look presentable. I like to look like I care about myself enough to not dress like a hobo, or look like I got out of bed. When I see someone who wears pajamas in public, I see a lazy person with no motivation, or work ethic.

• Frankly, I don't care. People can where whatever they want. Even if "it shows someone is lazy, and has no self respect"---what does it matter to me?

• it's not a big deal to me, it's just clothes, I personally don't do it, well once in middle school for pj day.lol. But I do wear sweat pants often. and ugg boots... they are just boots, who's to say what is appropriate to go out in? some people can make any outfit look trashy while others can pull off anything:D

• I don't really mind sweatpants, I just hate pajama pants. Uggs and sweatpants do no tbother me, as long as the pants are no ttucked in. It looks horrible seeing sweatpants tucked into Uggs.

• creepy, no, metro, yes, but it's all good! they're comfy right? haha

• I'm not metro at all. I just lke Uggs becuase they are warm, and cofmy.

• I've seen people do it in Walmart late at night

• Because I really don't care how people at school view me. I'm really only friends with two people from my school, one I have known since kindergarten, and one I really only see in class or at the mall (where she works).

I'm a CNA, so half the time I come in my work uniform (scrubs) I'm not going to get dressed up just to go home and change into my work uniform.

• If you are in your work uniform fine. But if you are weaaring pajama pants in public or to school that is wrong. Pajama pants are something that should never be worn in public. If you do not care what people think fine, but when people are in public they should look presentable. Wearing pajama pants is a sign of laziness and a person who has no self respect. No man Woman or Child should wear pajamas in public. Be lazy in your house don't dress like a bum in public.

• PJ Jeans are fine. I wosh they made them for men, I would love a pair.

• They should. They are great. Protest xD

• uh what do you count as pj pants? ill occasionally throw on sweatpants to go to the grocery store or I wear them over my tennis clothes(dont wanna walk around in a miniskirt in the middle of the winter) but that's about it usually I love to dress up so I wouldn't wear them on a normal occasion no:) should other poeple wear them? sure! I mean people wear uggs and north faces and sweatshirts alll the time so what's the difference? I kindof have a hate for things without any style or spark but that's just for me, some people don't find it important to dress fantastically and I respect that. I don't think it means they have no self respect that's a pretty harsh accusation...

• Actual Pajama pants. I do not count sweatpants.

• Whenever I see someone with pjs in public I assume they didn't shower that day. It looks lazy and tacky, but I don't care that much. I used to wear sweatpants and uggs but I stopped that and stepped my style up.

• I really don't care, I probably wouldn't notice if they were wearing pjs.

• It depends. Some people like to look silly & in that case it's fine. Maybe they don't care what other people think of them?

• Because sometimes we get lazy and don't wanna dress up

• If you do not want to dress up wear sweatpants, but not pajamas, they are not meant to be worn in public. As you even said it is a sign of laziness. Is someone really so lazy they cannot wear jeans, or even sweatpants. Also anyone who wears pajama pants in public has no self respect. I'm sorry but pajamas are meant for home. Only lazy kids wear pajamas.

• Some things are just not meant to be worn in public. And pajamas are one of them. The only people you see wear pajamas are lazy tenns and college students. No self adult or self respecting person of any age or gender would be caught wearing those things in public.

• No self respecting adult.

• I used to wear flannel pajama pants to school, they're okay as long as they fit are clean and you don't wear them too much.

• Pajama pants are pretty much sweat pants. Not really a big difference. So who cares? No one needs to look great or be dressed up all of the time.

• They are not like sweats. I'm sorry, but pajama pants are not approporiate to wear in public. Wearing pajama pants shows a sign of alzy person who has no self reespect. If someone wants to dress comfy wear sweats, if youy must, but pajamas are meant for home.

• Have you asked every single person from every single country what they thought? I didn't think so. I jump up and put on sweats sometimes and go to school. There is no lack of motivation.

• I have no problem with sweats, I wear sweats it is actually wearing pajamas. This girl was from the Uk, people from Spain have also saidpeople would never wear pajamas in public. The world does think it is lazy and undecent. I am talking about actual pajam pants like these link

Clohtes like the link I proivided are totally inapropriate to wear.

• By "pajama pants" do you mean literally your pj bottoms?

Sometimes when I wake up really late and I want something to eat or drink that I don't have, I drive to the closest petrol station in my pj bottoms. I don't see a problem with it I mean I wouldn't go in broad daylight though

• i do mean literally PJ bottoms. And I am talking about people who will not go out to the gas station, but out to the mall, and actually go out in them.

• People do that over here. That's becuase people in America are lazy. I think it is so embarasssing how people are so lazy they cannot even put on a normal pair of pants.

• Man, that is so weird. Well I guess some people don't care about their appearance as much as others...

• Maybe they are in a rush or don't have anything else. Its a personal choice that isn't a big deal to them so why should it matter to you? You don't have to wear it so why do you care?

• Becuase it makes them look like a hobo. People should at least care enough about themselves to put on a pair of pants. I mean is it really that hard, or big of an inconvience to put on a pair pf pants? That is the problem with society today nobody cares anymore.

• When I see someone dressed like that (man or woman) I think to myself that person has no respect and cares so little about themselves to be in public dressed like that.

• Why the hell should I care if people wear them? As long as their clean, people can to whatever they want. I personally wouldn't wear them in public, but I'm not going to hate on people who do.

• i say yes. who cares?

• I say no. I always see people wearing them at walmart, target, supermarket, also with slippers. They seem pretty low and it only shows they're a slob.

What Guys Said 7

• I remember asking a question on why girls wear pajamas to school. Mostly because they are lazy to pick an outfit every morning. And in rare cases, woke up late. I don't think it's very appropriate to wear pajamas outside (in public). Pajamas are meant to be work to bed, and inside your home. That's it.

• I think it looks dumb If I were a professor I wold not allow them in my class

• I can't imagine why anyone would even give a sh*t what someone else wears, so long as too much flesh isn't shown or anything.

• I don't do it. I don't even own pajama pants. However I really don't care what people like you think so I'll wear whatever I want.

• Tbh I don't care, but from what I can tell it's acceptable for girls, not for guys. Another double standard we get to face (but it's minor so meh, got bigger ones to deal with).

• I absoutly agree with you its the welfare collecting worthless gang banging lops that do this where I live.

• PJ's and sweats should only be worn at home or the gym. It looks terrible, elsewhere