Latest and greatest running shoes?

nike?

I want something with thin, flexible soles.. anyone try vibram five fingers?

I figured this wouldn't be the site to ask.lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Nike, tried and true!

What Guys Said 3

• If you really want the perfect pair of running shoes id go with this link typically they are used for marathon runners and are by far the most natural and efficient that strengthen and excercise more muscles then regular trainers. They can be a little expensive though...

Try to get ones that include "gell cushioning" and are curved at the front at a height, they're usually quite high to lessen impacts and distributing weight better. Something that looks simialr to this link

Good luck :)

• thanks! I am pretty sure I'm going to choose vibrams, just not sure I want material between my toes! I am also considering a running sandal.. I will keep researching.

• ok good luck! :), the material between the toes does help with the flexiblity and strengthing of muscles but yeah the idea of it isn't that appealing

• Your best bet is to walk down to Footlocker or some other shoe retailer and try them on.

Plenty of runners do fine without the "latest and greatest". Find one that's the most comfortable.

• People have drastically different strides and feet. If you run it's worth your time to find a local runners shop and have them figure out if you overpronate, underpronate, etc. Pros don't just go into a store looking for the newest shoe.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a pair of vibram five fingers and I would honestly say for the price they are OK, they are not amazing but they are not rubbish either. I bought them only because I love being barefoot but they are not very good at imitating barefoot running and I wouldn't advise them for really serious running as they wear down quicker. My usual pair of running shoes are from asics and they are pretty good.

• great to know! that is sort of what I figured with vibrams, I am looking at similar types shoes though, like running socks, because I love being bare foot too and can't run on my heels with my current bulky shoes. I am considering making some running sandal from yucca leaves, which is suppose to be very durable when it's woven together, or maybe a greek sandal made of leather.. thank you for your review on vibrams, very helpful:)

• I own a pair of NewBalance and I love them. I've been meaning to try the Vibram Five Fingers for running though, one of my friend has a pair and she's says she loves them and they do wonders for your posture.

• good to know, I run a lot and I'm worried they will wear out quick, but they look really fun! I might just get a pair and use them sparingly, then run barefoot whenever I can. Thanks for your help!

• I like to go to stores that specialize in running shoes because some of them will watch you run and fit a pair of shoes specifically to your feet.