Is it just here, or does it seem that pretty much all clothes shops tend to have a small section for guys?

Is it the same in the US, it seems like in the UK. If the shop sells clothes for both genders, the guy section tends to have a very small selection in comparison to girls?

There are lots of clothes shops that have 3 to 4 floors. 3 to 3 and a half of the floors seems to be all for girls whereas the guy sections are usually half a floor (rarely a full floor) just for guys

Most Helpful Girl

• For a start women can wear a lot more clothing than men can. From fashion stores you will typically find that the average:

men could buy

tops

trousers

shorts (at a push)

some jewellery (at a push)

jumpers

hoodies

Cardigans

coats

boots

pumps

slack/sandals etc.

bags (at a push)

hats

women would buy

tops

shorts

short shorts

trousers

jumpers

hoodies

Cardigans

coats

boots

pumps

sandals etc.

Heels

a range of jewellery

leggings

skirts

dresses

makeup sections

aswell as body care

a range of bags

a range of hats

Thier area should be smaller because there is less variety in the items they are willing to buy. On top of this a significant number of men, don't particularly pay attention to the way they dress, and even if they do it's not usually as much as women do. The shops are catering to the audience that is most likely to buy their products. It's been said before, not a lot of men like to shop.

What Girls Said 3

• Yea its generally the same. That's because the stores are more targeted towards the ladies. A female is more than likely going to come into a store and shop ALL 3 levels of the store looking for something as opposed to a guy doing it.

• Girls are more likely to spend in excess. Most guys I know loathe shopping, especially in the mall. I've only just barely convinced my boyfriend to go shopping with me on occasion, and that took some bribery. Stores that are not specifically geared towards those of your gender are more likely to favor girls because a lot of us, if we find something we like and have the money for it, will buy it. It makes sense for stores to have a larger selection of women's' clothes and things, because the more things we like, the more we buy.

Myself, besides the occasional top or dress, I don't buy clothing from the mall because I'd prefer not to spend 50$ on a shirt o.o

• Its the same in Australia too. Perhaps you are going into shops that cater more to girls. It might also be because girls tend to shop more and are impulsive buyers, and often buy thinks they don't need, whereas guys often only buy the things they are set out to buy. But I dunno, I'm not a guy.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, in Italy you wil find not so much disproportion in a clothing store, but it's the girls who have to be fashionable and get this year's clothes, who spend all their disposable income on having the right accessories for the new shoes, and so forth.

Look at the style questions here! Most are by women, I'd say at least 3/4

Women are still judged on their looks, while men have to have other attributes--women judge them on their money and cars more than on their looks, in spite of gender equality.

• US stores vary a lot some that are more based for women will have mostly clothing for women but others that are not intended for a gender will some times have more for one gender for exsmple

a store for teens (Active) has more things for guys but places like khols sears or macys woll mostly have more womens clothing

• yeah it's the same if not worse guys are limited to t shirts hoodies button up flannels and jeans generally some higher scale places have corduroys cardigans and sweaters but altogether we have a much smaller selection then women

• yeah it'd be easier to wear nicer clothes if we had more selection

• yeah I actually care about the way I look but stores really limit our possibilities

• It's sexism