Explain your stance on high heels?

I understand that sometimes women want to look sexy for their significant other, but I personally have never found High Heels to be attractive.

The way I see it, if my lady is uncomfortable then I am uncomfortable. I don't want her to be trying to look provocative (or with less flamboyant heels, more attractive, taller, etc) if it is going to risk not only her discomfort but her all round health. I find it to be captivating when a girl just wears shoes that she finds comfortable and can walk around with me without worrying about looks.

High heels are comparable to corsets; they may make the wearer feel sexy (and because the opposite gender to find it sexy as well) but in the end it causes long term health problems as well as immediate nuisances. (Just search "High Heel Health Problems" if you are unaware of the risks associated).

I know it's not, but I want it to be time for High Heels to go out of fashion.

For girls:

If you were to throw out the "It makes me feel sexy" defense, why would you wear high heels and would you wear them even if your significant other displays a distaste for them?

If "it makes me feel sexy" is the only reason then how often do you wear them?

For Guys:

What, if anything, makes high heels so attractive to you if by having your significant other wear them causes them distress?

Both:

If you have no significant other, what would, if anything, change about your opinion on high heels including the frequency of wearing them for girls and the appeal for guys?

If my girlfriend wants to wear them because she wants to look good, then I won't stop her. I want her to feel her best as much as possible :)

If she wants to wear them to make herself attractive to me, then I would let her know that she doesn't have to, but I will never go to a person and tell them not to do something.

I am not saying that they're ugly, just I prefer them not to be worn.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear them on regular days, but if there's a special occasion or I'm going out and want to look good, I usually will. That's likely not going to change if I have a boyfriend who dislikes them. I like heels, I think they look good, and I wouldn't wear anything I feel very uncomfortable in. I don't wear them daily, so I'm not at risk for ruining my feet or anything. Hopefully he'd understand my point of view and not bug me about it.

What Girls Said 18

• I love everything about heels. I have several pair that hurt my feet, but most of them are reasonably comfortable, unless I have to walk long distances in them. They don't just make me feel sexy, they make me feel classy and feminine. And in all honesty, they don't because me much "distress." Girls wear a lot of uncomfortable things akin to heels and corsets, such as extremely tight pants, bras with tight plastic pieces in them that jab into our ribs, heavy earrings, thongs, ect. If we walked around in sweat pants all the time, we just wouldn't be as striking.

• The thing is that if the heels are fit right and the girl knows how to wear them, then they don't hurt. I like them because I think they change in outfit in a good way and can make it look sexier or classier. I wouldn't stop wearing them because my boyfriend didn't like them. I'd be very appreciative that he cares about my comfort that much but they really don't bother me when I wear them to stop.

• i cannot believe you researched the risks and negatives of wearing high heels lol

i just can't see any guy in real life being against a girl wearing high heels because of those reasons, it sounds incredibly nitpicky and slightly controlling to me.

i wear them every now and then. I know a lot of men find heels sexy, but my main concern with them is on the fashion part. they look better with some outfits

• There are heels that I know I can rock, and those that I can't. So if I'm going out somewhere with my guy, then I don't usually put heels on because I know I'll do something stupid and trip. But my guy doesn't care whether or not I have heels on, because to him I'm always beautiful!

• My boyfriend doesn't like them either, haha. But I've been wearing them longer than I've known him, so he knows that I'm not about to stop. I dislike the little stiletto heels...those look and feel painful after a short while. I personally have a preference for thick heeled boots and wedges. Those I can walk for hours in and still feel comfortable. Besides for work, I prefer not to wear flat shoes because they don't give me the same support as my boots, and I find them incredibly uncomfortable, the way they force my feet to bend. On that note, I do plan on making myself a pair of mukluks, which will be nice, with the sole bending with my foot.

• I wear them sometimes because some really cute shoes just so happen to have a heel and I don't mind walking in them. I don't wear high heels very often just because I like to be comfortable. I work a lot and I'm in a lot of positions where I have to be on my feet so don't want to be uncomfortable and ready to find the nearest place I can sit all the time!

No, I would not change my opinion on high heels for my significant other. I am a huge free spirit and I would never put aside something as silly as wearing heels just to please my SO. I don't see why he won't just accept me as I am. I mean it's not like I'm a drug addict, I just like heels :)

• I do wedges and lower heels if I'm going out. I can't rock stripper heels :(

Instead I got nice looking feet and good posture. :)

• Yeah, they do make me feel somewhat sexy but they do hurt, so if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking, I'll wear flats or low heels. But some women who constantly wear them may be used to the pain & don't really notice it. I've never had a guy show a distaste for high heels, so I don't know how I'd react. But I'd still wear them if I wanted to simply because they make ME feel sexy.

• Actually, my guy friends hate it when I wear heals because it really slows me down, but from time to time I'll do it anyway - I'm 4'11 and I love being able to actually be taller than their shoulders from time to time. :p

• I wear them rarely, because I'm almost 5'11", and frankly, I'm not dressing for my boyfriend. Heels make women feel tall and sexy (fact is, they make your lower half look better) They aren't good for your feet, but they're fine occasionally.

"It makes me feel sexy" isn't a defense, it's the reason women wear heels. Really. There is no other reason.

• Your take on heels kind of annoys me because you aren't the one wearing heels so why do you care about them? I wear heels pretty much everyday because they are comfortable to me, go with my style and I like them so why shouldn't I wear them? If they were such a serious health hazard they wouldn't be allowed to be sold. Wearing heels is just my thing I don't see why heels are a big deal to me they are just other shoes.

• If you look at it that way then why care about anything at all if you aren't in a direct involvement with a problem?

I care because I care about her. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Tell me if there is.

However if she likes them, then I have no place to make her feel differently.

And if you follow the logic of "serious health hazards" then things ranging from cigarettes to anything with artificial sweeteners wouldn't be sold.

Not a big deal, just a preference.

Thanks your answer

• They HURT! I prefer not to wear them. I'll only wear them if I know I won't have to walk very much. I do know how to walk in them tho. And I can run in em too. But I prefer not to wear them :P

Sure they make me look sexy, but I'm not that desperate in attracting a man

• I don't like them. They're super cute some of them, but they hurt my feet. I find my height to be perfect. I don't need to be taller. The only time I'll wear any form of heels is when I wear my cowgirl boots! :)

• I can't wear them ):

• I don't like the way my legs look in normal shoes.

• eh painful

• They do make me feel extremely sexy. I don't wear them all the time. I wear heels to work about twice a week but they are not high ones or anything that is tall enough to because damage is probably from the high ones that a girl really can't walk in (They are 3 inches or lower, and quite conservative)

Once in a while I wear my tall pumps. I'm a short girl, and even with heels I'm only like 5"5 or so. Maybe 5"6 if they are extremely tall, I'm only 5"1. While I don't mind being short or feel bad about it, I do sometimes feel like my legs look too short and the heels elongate my legs and highlight my curves, making them look quite kickin'.

I just feel more confident in them and they look pretty in outfits.

If my man or lover or whatever liked them, I would wear them, not all the time but on suitable occasions,possibly a little more often than otherwise, because I like them anyway. I've always wanted to have sex in heels...and this guy who finds me attractive has a major thing for them...he jokes about us having sex with me in my heels...or maybe it isn't even a joke lol,

If my man didn't like them I wouldn't wear them often, since I don't wear them often anyway, but on a suitable occasion I still would. I don't think most men would be opposed to once in a while even if they weren't heels men. Because relationships are about compromise.

I don't think I wear them often enough to get serious injuries or anything. But, they make me feel good, and I love how they look, and that's my main motivator.

• When I was younger I had a love/hate relationship with heels. They hurt my feet so much that I could never wear them, not even for short periods of time but I loved the way they looked. Now they don't hurt my feet any more unless I would be doing something where I was on my feet for a long time in them and lets face it I am not that dumb. So I wear them a lot now. I would never wear anything uncomfortable to impress anyone.

What Guys Said 1

• I thik they should be worn only on special occasions, not all day long. But don't hold your breath, so many women depend on their looks for their careers...For all the rhetoric, most women still are judged on their sexiness more than on their ability or humanity...