Being skinny...Why?

my friend told me the other day, "omg I gained 3 pounds," and I was like "good," she thought I was crazy. The thing is, she's as thin as a stick! why wouldn't it be good for her? do you guys or girls really like being that skinny? not overweight, but fit.

Most Helpful Girl

• because KATE F***ING MOSS. it's nothing personal against her or anything,she's gorgeous in my opinion,but girls like her are the reason,not intentionally,but they are. we surround ourselves with skinny people and eventually we start seeing them as the only form of beauty,and most men say that they prefer skinny girls over fat girls,and most people do in general,not stick thin girls,but still,in your friend's mind-3 pounds is just a pit stop to fatsville.

What Guys Said 2

• I think just in proportion is ideal. Being skinny just puts you out of natural proportions...

• No, I hate really skinny girls. And fat ones.

What Girls Said 1

• People tend to have their own weight ranges that make them comfortable- so to her, that 3 pounds may be alarming to her. Is she athletic and really healthy?

I have my own preferential weight range, and 5 pounds is a bit of a big deal- really don't like it. I will never be a rail, but I know what I like and what makes me feel good. I feel so much better, I feel in control and I feel healthy.