Why do women with pale skin get fooled into thinking they need to tan to be attractive?

You know who put this in your head? wolf tanning beds :P

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really quite pale I have typical snow white complex (pale skin, rosy cheeks, dark hair) I've always liked being pale. But people mainly girls always seem to make a huge deal out of it telling me how pale I am, comparing their skin tone to mine, suggesting I try tanning, talk about spray tans, tell me guys like tan girls better etc.. It really bugs me because it's such a stupid thing to care about. I don't tan nor do I burn.

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 5

• I have no idea. I'm genetically tan, but I've always loved pale skin. I think it's beautiful.

0|2
    1|0
  • I should have been born a redhead because I have skin like a redhead.

Pale and does not tan very easily, but mostly burns. I really do not feel the need to tan because if I am outside or on the beach I know I will get tan, but I always have my SPF 50+ to protect my skin from burning or it will burn! I just need a man who doesn't mind my paleness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well for once darker skin, makes your flaws a little less obvious. And I guess it's just a trend

1|0
    0|0
  • I totally agree. I am 38 but look much younger than most other women my age because when I was young I did not want to tan. My friend who is 34 but looks 45 because she obsessively tanned. Not to mention that she will likely get skin cancer from all the damage she did when she was younger.

0|2
    0|0
  • generalizing

0|0
    1|1
    • generalizing how? by stating a fact? I know many, MANY guys that would agree. the only people that think tanned looks better are the women that go tanning.

What Guys Said 1