How fast does hair have the ability to grow?

i know the average rate of growth is a half inch per month and that certain things like iron deficiency and poor diet can effect how fast hair grows but does anyone know how fast it CAN grow if there are no complications and genetics are on your side?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can grow between 1/2 and one inches.

What Guys Said 2

• I have no idea but I am wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering how I can keep my hair from thinning out when I grow it out. I'm trying to grow my hair out quite a bit and having a balding area on the top annoys me. Let me know if you get any good ideas.

• Thanks for answering your question for me and YES you're pretty . . .

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the person. Those are all things that make it grow slower/not at all. But just because all elements against hair growth is taken out doesn't mean that the hair will grow at a certain rate. Its kind of like a plant. If the plant has the best sunlight and genetics does that mean it will grow just as large and exactly like the plant next to it? Not necessarily.

Take b-complex as well as take care of your hair if you're trying to get it to grow quicker.

• Biotin can promote hair growth. Its best if you take it with b complex. I am sure the results vary based on each individual. If you are actually experiencing hair loss minoxidil can be helpful.

As for average hair growth I think you pretty much answered your own question IMO.

• It depends on the individual. My hair grows relatively fast, or so I've been told. But I know other people that hesitate cutting theirs because their hair takes forever growing back.