For the foundation wearers?

What kind of foundation do you use?

How do you apply it? Brush/hands - do you notice a difference?

I've recently started using Makeup Forever HD Foundation and I absolutely love it. It's $40 well spent.

And I've always just used my fingers to rub in the foundation but now I'm going to start using a foundation brush.

Most Helpful Girl

• I opt for a matte finish foundation such as Revlon Colorstay liquid. I apply it with a stippling brush and the finish is always flawless and 10+ hours without touch ups. During the summer, I use Missha BB cream from Korea. It has a dewier finish and its super blendable, but doesn't last as long. If you're looking for a dewy finish, BB creams are a great option for you if you're fair skinned (NC/NW 35 and under).

As for Colorstay vs PhotoReady, I prefer Colorstay. I noticed micro shimmers in the PhotoReady formula in direct sunlight. It really burst my bubble since I'm more of a matte fan.

Check out full reviews on Photoready, Colorstay, and Missha on the makeupalley site.

My username there is also kasiecakes.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 16

• I use MakeupForever Mat Velvet finish. I'm usually really prone to oily skin and it drives me nuts. Even though the HD is nice (which I used for 2 years), I just don't enjoy the dewy finish and the look at the end of the day.

For the flawless, almost air brush look, I use a stippling brush much like this: link

And what you would do it "stipple" it on (like patting it on your face) and it also helps apply foundation faster. But I use the too face teddy bare kabuki travel brush. Well worth its money. It makes a HUGE difference when you use different techniques applying the foundation. For example, the traditional foundation brush can leave streaks on your face if not applied carefully.

It gives me the right amount of control to cover parts of my face without looking cakey . I also blend my foundation with a silicone base primer to give it into a mousse texture. It really helps to warm the foundation by squirting some on the back of your hand first so it can be applied smoothly.

Hope this helped :D

• I use MAC studio fix fluid and I use my Elizabeth Aarden foundation brush or my UBU Make-up Stippling Brush to apply it. A foundation brush provides a much smoother finish for me and my make-up seems to last a lot longer on my face when I use a foundation brush. Don't know if it's just my eyes tricking me but I'm sure it helps. My overall appearance is a lot less cakey as well. Foundation brushes are definitely worth it!

• I use Dreamy Creamy Foundation...I think it's by Maybelline?

It comes with a free sponge and it does to a really good coverage. I also use rimmel powder stay touch or something foundation (I'm remembering them, they're at a friends, its in a circular pot and flat) to touch up through the day.

I find powders = brush, liquid = fingers and mouse = sponge. That's just my rules, I think they give the best results.

• Bobbi brown...everything in my make up box is bobbi brown...it's easier that way as you can get you concealer the same shade as your foundation and so on... :)

I apply it with a bobbi brown foundation brush :) after using a bobbi brown face back and illuminator :p

...the test to show good foundation: it should just look like skin, not a mask and should be the same color as your skin. I never get these chicks who buy a different shade from there skin color...it's doesn't make them tanned it just makes them orange/yellow.

Truth is never trust a sales person who tells you your between two foundation shades, foundation doesn't make you have a "warm glow" or whatever That's just the wrong shade! lmao

• I use Revlon color stay (early tan).I used to apply using my hands before but I noticed that the tone was not even.I use brush now and it looks more smooth and even.I'm going to try Revlon Photo Ready soon.My sis said its better than the color stay because it less oily...

• Yeah, you should try it, I prefer PhotoReady over ColorStay!

• Yeah even some of my friends said so.I have oily skin so I need to choose better foundation...=D

• I currently use Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals powder foundation, which I apply with a foundation brush. I used to use any old Covergirl or Maybelline liquid foundation, but the switch to powder and to a higher quality brand has been much better for my skin. I started breaking out less and my foundation looks much better and lasts much longer. It's totally worth the $25.

Oh, and have fun in Vegas.

• I used Bare Escentuals before but it didn't have enough coverage for my liking. But I'm glad you like it.

Thanks! =)

• Depends on the formula. Liquid- usually a foundation brush

mousse- my fingers

powder- obviously a kabuki

btw, how's the coverage with that foundation? I was thinking of getting it.

• It's really nice! It goes on like silk and leaves a great finish. I like foundations with really good coverage without looking cakey and this is definitely it.

• clinique superbalnced make up or chanel, they both have spf in them and they last a really long time and they're long wearing too so your make up stays put all day :)

• make up forever, but I use a sponge. I want to try something from m.a.c though just to see if it's better. My skin is difficult & I've gone through most drugstore brands, they just don't do it for me.

• i use mac liquid foundation. its awesome too! I first apply moisturizer and then foundation (with my finers)...it give a more even tone..and then I also use brush in the end...

• I don't use foundation but I use bb-cream, apply it with my fingers only over the places I need to cover (acne scars) and then a mineral foundation on top of it very sparingly since I have an oily skin type. :)

• I don't know a lot about make up...but I use almay stuff it comes with a pad thingy~ lol It doesn't cover up zits or anything very well but it does even out the redness :P

• Jordana , it think it covers well without being obvious , and fingers application because the brush doesn't "melt" it well.

• I love my Revlon ColorStay foundation and use my fingers to rub my foundation in as well. As long as I get the results I want, I don't need a foundation brush. You have slightly made my consider buying one, though. =P

• I used to wear Revlon ColorStay/PhotoReady foundations all the time. I still have like 4 backups lol but now I adore the Makeup Forever foundation.

Foundation brushes are supposed to be better because they don't have oil, etc. that can transferred onto your skin from your fingers.

• I have sephora foundation which is a mixture of powder and creme. I can't do liquid because my face gets oily. I use a big brush to apply it, and if I don't have the brush I just use the little rubbing pad that came with it :)

• i don't wear foundation my skin is pretty good but if I had to like on my wedding day id go for makeup forever hd as you mentioned! it is the best in the market.

i do use concealer on somedays though for my undereye circles and shockingly I'm not east Asian and I use a korean brand I discovered on ebay its called skin food salmon concealer it is frigggggin AMAZINGGGG its like the bobbi brown creamy one, its so creamy and FULL coverage covers spots too. I love it so much I wanna explore other things by the brand (Skin food) and I bet their foundation is amazing too. I was reading up on it and it says the salmon concealer actually has omega 3 6 9 fatty acids in it from the fish (doesn't smell or anything) and its so moisturizing under the eyes.