Am I at a healthy weight? or overweight?

OK, I'm 20yrs old. 5'11 and 210 lbs on average. Usually I'm 207-208 but today I am 212.6. Why is this ? And is my weight considered overweight? I used to be 350 and have a 60 waist and wear 58 pants and now I have a 41 inch waist and wear 38jeans. Is that overweight? Would my weight be a turn off

Most Helpful Girl

• i think I heard from a health expert that if your waist is larger than 36 inches you are considered overweight however your situation to me doesn't seem too bad. also your body fluctuates about 5 pounds in water weight. the time that you are supposed to weigh yourself is right in the morning before you eat and after you go to the washroom. this gives you your accurate weight. also weigh yourself once a week as opposed to daily because its not healthy to check it too often and you don't get an accurate representation of how you are doing health wise.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe slightly overweight due to size 58 pants. Just make sure you're healthy! As long as you are, it doesn't really matter.

No, girls aren't turned off by this as long as you aren't an a**hole. I like bigger guys. They're cuddly. Some will be but they're bitches and you shouldn't be with them. If a girl likes you for you, not what you look like it won't matter :)

• Well you BMI would be 29, so assuming your not particulary muscular, your a bit overweight. It would be good for you to lose some weight

What Guys Said 5

• Well that is definitely on the upper echelon for your height. But to help put you in perspective, many nfl running backs are around 5'11 200, some bigger and not many smaller. But of course they are also hard as rocks and diamond cut. Lol. But a lot of girls will say they really like some extra real estate because it's nice to cuddle with and that sort of thing.

• unless you are really muscular, you need to lose a good 30 pounds to be average. You can probably tell by your flab.

• You're overweight. I lost some weight myself and when I was at that range (same height), there was plenty of fat and physically I wasn't as good as I could have been. Work harder and trim that off.

A 41-inch waist is definitely large...

• You should lose around 35-40lbs. I went from a 38 to a 31 pants size.

You did it before, you can do it again. Get in shape. Do P90X.

• Your weight isn't really as important as WHAT you're made of. The BMI calculations people are posting in this thread are too general and don't reflect a well balanced postulate for all ages / genders / ethnic backgrounds.

The best answer is to either go to a gym and have a staff member measure you with any one of their tools, or you can buy a $15 body fat skin fold caliper to make your own measurements and track your change.