Short hair better than long hair?

Is it true that men prefer shorter to mid length hair to that of long hair?

I have straight black hair which reaches below my elbow. It's silky and shiny and barely stays up with a hair tie. But my friend's boyfriend is like it's too long, get a haircut. (The prat)

Most Helpful Girl

• Long hair is good, but only if it's reasonably long and healthy.

Most girls who grow their hair past their midback have nothing but dead, stringy, split ends and that looks bad and unkempt.

Generally speaking shoulder to midback is preferred because it suits almost every girl. Short generally is unflattering an too long is weighed down and dull/blah. Most girls can't rock short or long hair.

I say just make sure to trim the ends. Too many girls with long hair have nasty looking hair. It's beautiful when it's healthy, especially if it black. But I'm biased since I absolutely love black hair

What Guys Said 4

• In general most guys prefer long hair 100% of the time. I personally think soulder length or longer hair ALWAYS looks better. HOWEVER, her reasoning for keeping it short CAN make it better. A girl who has her hair short because she THINKS it looks better is just plain delusional. But a girl who cuts her hair short because she donated it to locks of love is EXTREMELY attractive for that reason alone. Also I like the idea of a practically minded girl so if a girl chooses to keep her hair short because long her gets in the way or is too much trouble, I can perfectly understand and appreciate that and the practicality of it.

• No, longer hair is much more beautiful imo. I think most guys will agree.

• Most guys seem to like longer hair. I like shorter, but I'm pretty weird.

• Keep your ling hair. most guys like it long, I know I do.

What Girls Said 2

• not at all. almost all prefer long hair.

• Men like all lengths of hair. Many men prefer long hair to short hair.

• I don't know what the guy's problem is. He is forever commenting on my dressing, hair and behavior . It's not like I am dating the idiot. Wish he kept his stupid eyes on his girlfriend.