Girls, how do you judge a guy?

How often do you judge and approach a guy by what he is wearing or even what he is driving, than his personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• He has to have his own type of "swag" but if he comes off as cocky or has his pants sagging...I''M OUT! BECAUSE THAT'T NOT CUTE. Showing you're confident without being cocky isn't hard. His apparence is the first thing I notice not to sound shallow because it's the first thing anyone notices when they look at someone. If you look good, I'll most likely will be eagger to talk to you! But know this, the first words that come out your mouth can determine if I walk away within the first second. Car doesn't necesssarily matter, unless your a gold digger. I mean if you drive a nice ride, and we like you, bonus for us. I don't like all those tattoos and piercings all over, why ink/hole up your body if its not meaningful. I judge by who your hanging out with, if your with a bad group of people, I'm going to assume your bad. Lastly, I'm mostly attracted to athletes, guys who keep themselves in shape are hot!

What Girls Said 9

• I approach guys based upon how I see them interacting with other people and their body language more than I do spurred by material objects. Specifically, I avoid starting conversation with guys who come off cocky and rude.

If I notice someone wearing something I think is really cool or have similar interest in, that's grounds for a compliment or a question regarding that. I have never approached a guy based upon what he was driving because I didn't notice cars until I started dating my current boyfriend.

• I judge if someone's dressed really sloppy or outrageously preppy (I'm talking everything Hollister and some smothering Axe cologne).

Don't give a crap about his car :P

Personality IS most important, but I'll also admit to being put off by a guy's general attitude by making assumptions about his personality. I'm not often wrong about whether a guy looks "nice" or not. It's like it's in the way they sit and walk and talk. I have Douche Radar, haha. I know that sounds really judgmental of me, but it's also easy for someone to change my first impression of them, so no biggie.

• I'm sure you got 'low self-esteem/confidence' radar too right? :-P

• Haha it's actually much less accurate. I've found that there are a lot of quiet guys out there who have perfectly fine self-esteem but simply don't socialize as obnoxiously as other confident guys do. And some "cocky" guys are actually just craving other people's approval. So no judging there.

• 90% of the time. Because most of the time I know his physical appearance before I know his personality. I don't care what kind of car a guy drives, just as long as he has one in the first place

• The only time I judge is if he dresses like a gangster. Its such a HUGE turn off for me. He would have to prove through his actions and personality that he isn't everything associated with that style for me to change my mind. I don't care about cars much or how big muscle are or the like, it all about how he acts. He could be a model and I wouldn't even give him a second look if he was a jerk, or was arrogant.

• I don't mind what he drives, as long as its not a giant whale-car like a family van or something. I do judge his clothes sometimes, like what shirts I like/dont like... I never really think "I hate that shirt he's wearing".

• What kind of shirts do you like?

• I personally like shirts that aren't name-brand, like no American eagle or anything. I like just plain soft t shirts.. and stripes.. and plaid, but not preppy lame-ass blue plaid, like more lumberjack shirts

• I mostly find that I am attracted to a guy who's neat and presentable. He has character and has some standards. his past actions and the time to get to know him. I don't know really it varies but looks are not as important as his core.

• any past actions that would make you question being with him?

• Would you respect him more if he willingly disclosed these things to you instead of hearing it from someone else?

• well yeah I'd rather he be open and honest, but if he's had a past where he disrespected other girls, I'd be less inclined to date him in general. past affects the present. I know it's harsh but I'm disciplined myself so I don't feel that I have to um date someone who isn't similar in standard but I don't want to sound condescending about it. we all have different preferences. and Yes if he's braver to tell me upfront I have a little more respect

• i have never judged by what they are drving. I might notice if they are wearing something that looks good on them but I wouldn't judge anything by it

• If his pants are sagging I don't even think twice, or if he has that "Im the sh*t" kind of appeal to him I purposely look the other way lol.

• He has to make me laugh or think, everything else is secondary.

What Guys Said 0