What do guys think of Muslim girls?

Are they unattractive ? the ones that wear the Hijab , do they really look ugly?, would you consider dating one?

what if I posted a picture of an average looking girl wearing a hijab and normal clothes ?

Example of what type of girl I mean : link

Average looking girl wearing normal clothes but with Hijab or scarf

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a Muslim guy, so there are somethings I would like to say taking this opportunity.

Hijab is a choice, unlike commonly misconception that it is somehow 'forced' upon Muslim women. My mother and sister don't wear a Hijab but they do cover their hair with a scarf, all which is their personal choice. Just felt the need to clarify this common misunderstanding. The majority of Muslim girls where I live, don't wear Hijab as such, but some do and all of the females I know do dress modestly.

I have also known some of the most beautiful Persian, Arab, Turkish and Pathan Muslim women who cover themselves up, because that's what Hijab is all about: Concealing your beauty from unwanted attention. I admire women who feel no need in being considered attractive by men whom they don't care about. Hence, I have genuine respect for true Muslim women who don't need to showcase their physical beauty in order to be celebrated by the society.

Likewise, in Islam, Hijab which is worn purposelessly or enforced upon is USELESS. You need to have a clear intention in wearing one, given that you truly believe in it, and that it does yield benefits.

Plus, the concept of covering yourself up is not just restricted to face, but every part of your body that is liable to give you sexual attention. Plus, it extends to men too. You don't need to cover yourself up in front of your close ones in Islam, its just for the general public who will judge you not by the person you truly are, but merely by your looks.

Hence, Hijab has it's purpose, and it's purposes do NOT include covering yourself up because you're ugly, as most people think. But yes, even if a woman does think she is not good looking, she is allowed to cover herself up to prevent society from judging her.

But I have cousins and distant relatives who are gorgeous women, yet they choose to cover themselves up. So it's not for 'unattractive' women, it's for women who respect their body and don't want to showcase their looks for the sake of being liked, by men they don't consider worth 'pleasing' eyes of.

Obviously, many people (even Muslims) may disagree to this, and it's fine. Hijab is not a compulsion in Islam, Modesty in dressing is. I hope this answers your question

• don't want to sound offensive but I thought it was obligatory link

• Highly stressed upon, yes. But situations matter. If a woman is within a group of known people, who may not think of her sexually (apart from her husband obviously), she is not obligated to cover her face. Hijab in the literal sense refers to the dress code of modesty, which includes covering the body which is yes, a Must. this involves lose, opaque clothing. Hijab today usually refers to head scarf, and my point was that there are alternatives to go about it. that too when it's necessary.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm not religious and I don't see a relationship really working out with someone who is

so no, but it's got nothing to do with the hijab(though I don't really find them attractive)

• I have no problems with Muslims, but I could never date one simply because I would not want to date anyone who is that religious. Muslim women who cover themselves are not necessarily unattractive and I'm sure plenty of them that look really hot, but that has nothing to do with why I wouldn't date them. I wouldn't want to date a religious Muslim any more than I would want to date an evangelical Christian or an orthodox Jew.

• It depends on how you wear it and your body language. If you know how to wear a hijab, you can be very seductive. Like having a hijab that shows your legs and falls on you showing your curves (buy this type of hijab). I am from Dubai, UAE and here the most seductive and sexy girls are girls with hijab. It would help if you google some designer hijabs. Also if you can show little hair, it's better (no pressure). Hope I helped :-)

• You look great, but if your really self concious you can show a bit of hair. I can't post links since I am level 3, but you can google mag trends Turkish abaya trends. Good luck ;)

• The whole point of Hijab is not to show hair. The rest is alright though but no hair shown.

• It commenly goes unnoticed that there are many beautiful genes in the middle east, Muslim girls can be very beautiful, the problem is the the difference in culture and I'm not even talking about religion or their cultural roots, I'm talking about upkeep. The reason that guys don't find Muslim girls as attractive in the west is because of the plain and simple reason that in general (key words in general, I'm not saying its an absolute) they don't take as good a care of themselves. I mean guys like girls that pretty up and at least in the states most the girls that get the guys are the ones that are in the gym keeeping in good shape, taking care of their hair, applying their make up twezzing their eyebrows in general just trying to look pretty. That's what makes the differance, Muslim and indian women often get a bad wrap fro not being attractive but iv seen some girls who go tothe same lengths to look beautiful as the girlsa here and they are jawdropping.

• Does the girl in the photo look like she doesn't take care of herself ? I'm just asking so I can understand how the girls in the west look like in comparison :D

• wtf you talking about.

• Yeah, But Muslim women DO take good care of them selves. It's actually part of Islam to tate good care of one self.

• Middle Easter women persian women are super fine

• Nah I don't dig that.

• Ok , perfectly fine :D

• Yeah she'd have to be a fox for me to be attracted. What's sad is, I don't care if you're Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc. it's just a fashion item that I don't find to be attractive, so I'd run away. Just like the Amish women...not appealing.

• run away ? lol OK , she doesn't look scary by the way lol

• Few Of Them Are... Can't Generalize... Their Beauty Is Cosmetic... But Their Heart Always Beats For Islamic Values... They Call All Non-Muslims As Kaffirs... They Believe On Shitty Islamic Principles Like All Non Muslims Deserve Death , Muslims Can Marry Four Womans , Muslims Can Have War Prisoner Woman As Sex Slaves etc etc... And That Is The Exact Thing Which Makes Them Ugly!!!

• I know a few Muslim women, and I would ask them out, was I not married.

• I would not date a Muslim girl because of the fact that she is Muslim. I don't care how she looked. To be clear though, I wouldn't date a girl of any religion. Our world views would be too dissimilar.

• What if you found a girl that agreed with most of what you believe? Equal Rights for everybody. The only problem is she believes in an afterlife and therefore a religion. Would that change how you viewed a person?

• Baby where are u :/

• I like them. Are you Muslim?

• No I have Muslim friends

• She said she isn't ready for dating and when she is its going to be with a Muslim guy she is in love with and will marry one day , I thought that she wasn't that religious thus the question and my confusion , turns out she is very religious but doesn't like to show it since she has lots of different christian friends like myself ( I respected that and let it go )

• I could see why you would be suprised cause it the pic, even though she is fully covered and wearing a hijab, it does not seem like she would be very religious.

• I am no one to say she should wear it or shouldn't wear it

its between her and Allah (SWT)

The only thing I will say it is I would rather her do it for herself vs. her parents or whoever.

I've seen many girls who wear the hijab but take it off when they go to school/work. That's not cool.

Some wear a hijab and then go to a club after wards.

Like it's hypocritical

I also feel bad for the girls who wear it and then decide to take it off (permanently) They get so much sh*t talked about them it's not even funny.

I wish arab/desi people weren't so judgmental and minded their own business. We have nothing better to do then to talk about other people. Granted not ALL Arabic/Desi people are like this but the majority are.

Some of the coolest girls I've ever met are hijabis. I would literally do anything for them.

On the contrary, some aren't the nicest either.

Thus, it is what you make of it.

Also, I believe that if you wear it for the right reasons you just have a glow about you that makes you so attractive.

Hijabi's don't really date...

All in all, I would say if someone is going to do it. I would say do it for the right reasons and not the wrong reasons.

Waiting for the right reasons is much better then the wrong reasons right away. Don't wear it just because your parents said so.

• As life threatening as exposure to HIV or stepping on a land mine.

• ALL religions are cults! so the only man that might be into hijab might be into domination/submission

• It's not mention in the quran. If you know why Muslim girls are force to wear the hijab, then you'll understand why I would not even be friends with a Muslim who wears one.

• Erm... Because it IS mentioned in the Qur'an?

And not ALL Muslim girls are forced.

• There is no passage in the quran, that commands all Muslim women to cover their hair. The majority is forced.

• I'd prefer a girl in a hijab than a fully nude girl! The latter leaves nothing to the imagination :-) And I'm not even Muslim!

• "I have to lollipops which I will drop on to the floor.One covered and one uncovered. Which one one would you rather have" ?

• Lollipops? Not at my age! At 17 too, I probably would have gone for the naked woman. Now I know better... or so I think

What Girls Said 1

• What some people tend to leave out is the fact that Islam is muli-racial.

So, most MUSLIM women are "Super fine" as someone said. Not only Arab, North African Turkish, Asian. But Also the East African, Nigerian and Kenyan.

I'm Somali, and here in Britain, most Muslim girls wear the hijab. But I have family in places like Canada, America and Italy. They are beautiful (And I'm jealous :P ) I was called "Pretty" and such and I wear the Hijab. I don't wear things like tight fitting clothes, short skirts; I also don't wear only black clothes. I make an effort to make myself look decent. I make my hijab look good, I wear clothes that suit it and clothes that suit me. But I'm modest.

There are women who are beautiful and they wear the hijab(The featured girl and some egyptian lady on TV who's name I cannot remember and women who are equally beautiful ) who don't wear the hijab. (Example, Konnie Huq, Iman)

Btw, Who is that girl in the picture?

• So your saying the girl in the pic is beautiful? She's actually someone I used to know and look up to somewhat with regards to wearing the Hijab in a fashionable way . I just don't know if other people see her tht way.

• Yes, because she's natural. She doesn't paint her face in makeup to change her looks. There are even models who wear the hijab in one of their sessions but they don't show the true beatuy in Hijab