Are girls in Ohio less attractive?

My boyfriend is from Ohio, and all of his girl friends are extremely unattractive or just plain and average. His guy friend's wives and girlfriend's are also less that cute/pretty.

Then I was watching Hot in Cleveland, and they constantly make jokes on how women in Ohio are not attractive. Is this a common thing in that state?

And yes, I do realize how ignorant and immature this question sounds. But, I am honestly curious.

Okay, I didn't mean to offend anyone, so "Anonymous male User" I apologize. You don't have to call me out on the ignorant and immature nature of my question since I already did that.

Just want to remind people, I am asking this because IN MY EXPERIENCE the woman I have seen from Ohio are not attractive and then I see a TV show making fun of how Ohio woman are chunky and unattractive, so I was wandering if it was a common thing due to the show also making fun of them.
Okay, does anyone know where the rude comments went? Because I did not delete them but now I don't see them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Pittsburgh, PA, about 20-30 minutes from the Ohio border and I've been to Ohio a few times, mostly the Columbus area as I have relatives there. I am not originally from here. I was born and raised in a beachfront city in South Florida and moved here when I was 21.

As a whole I would say that people here in this general region (Western PA/OH/WV) don't take nearly as good care of their bodies. Lots more smoking, lots more drinking, and obesity is at a much higher rate due to a combination of the greasy, fatty Polish-inspired local cuisine everyone eats daily and the fact that nobody here keeps active. Compared to South Florida its a massive difference.

• from your reasoning, I'd agree. Best answer! =]]

• HAHAHAAA Weaponzero! It was me! I don't care, I admit it!

What Guys Said 7

• Well the hottest girl will gravite to large cities where the money is likr seattle, la san fransico new york dallas sh*t like that, who wants to live in cleaveland

• I know about two from Ohio, from a game I met them on.

One looks amazing, the other not as amazing (This sounds horrible). So in my opinion, nah its just they haven't seen/shown the great ones (or they left, or many aren't wife/girlfriend material).

But "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

• Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'd say that women from other states appear to be less crazy than Ohio women. :D

Usually if there are only a few people look attractive to someone they either have very selective taste or they are really attractive themselves and not many people of the opposite gender are in their own league. Kudos to you, either way.

• Okay, I think I may have misunderstood this, so correct me if I did. The are the SAME gender as me, they are girls and I am a girl. I'm comfortable with my sexuality and when I see an attractive woman, even like.. just a decent looking woman, like a 6/7 then I can admit it. Ha. But these woman I am seeing are like.. all chunky and all like.. 5 and under. Soooo

• There was a compliment in there. Sorry for being a bit subtle about it. ;-)

• @Update: Someone probably reported the Anonymous User and his post was deleted.

• I don;t believe such a thing sorry. there are gorgous girls everywhere.

• I'm from Cleveland and I resent this question. Reported

• There's not much to do from November through late April, so that leads to drinking, eating, and watching TV.

• Well.. I don't drink.. but I eat constantly and all I do is work, go to school, watch tv, play video games, and have sex. And I have great body. Granted it's probably because I am 5'11 and it's easier to stay skinny when you are all tall and stretched out but still.. They must go into some serious hibernation..

• American girls aren't attractive period. I don't know why but I'm more attracted to European, South American, Mexican and Canadian girls

• Europeans and Canadians are pretty sexy.

• I know, but especially in US. They all seem to be rude

• Being rude also has nothing to do with where you live, it's about having poor home training and lack of social etiquette. I came across very rude people in Italy. This rude German guy cussed my friend out on a plane because she had to go pee and he and his friends were blocking the isle way. It's unintelligent to say that all of the girls in one place are either rude or unattractive. There are rude and unattractive females EVERYWHERE.

What Girls Said 5

• People aren't "unattractive" because of the place they come from. But your question actually isn't as ignorant as some might think, because I understand what you're talking about. My mother grew up in the boonies in New York. Not the city, but out in the middle of no where around farms and stuff. She moved to California when she was very young, and as a young woman wore makeup, styled her hair, and was into fashion. She went back to her high school reunion a few years ago and told me everyone who'd stayed in the middle of nowhere of New York was overweight, and hadn't taken any care for their physical appearance. People out there on the farms just don't care about that stuff, and they don't have the same stores and products available to them out there that we do here in San Francisco. So I don't think they are "unattractive" because of where they are from, but because they haven't grown up in an area where fashion/beauty is a big part of their life.

• I honeslty could not say. But, from what weaponzero says, maybe I'd agree.

• you live in Ft Lauderdale so you're used to seeing what people look like down there. Coming up here would be a huge shock to you seeing how little care people take of themselves.

• bahahaa. So, I will move to PA then to help you all out ;-)

• @update: It is our mod duty to delete possible offensive material. To me, it was nonsense that needed to be deleted. <3

• I live in Ohio, but haven't done much traveling so I can't compare. But I've noticed that in rural areas, the girls can be, well... odd-looking. Too much cousin-to-cousin breeding? Juuust kidding. Anyway, I see plenty of attractive girls in Columbus, the suburbs, etc. Not sure why that's the case. I do agree with what WeaponZero said, at least about the hillbilly areas of Ohio. Nobody gives a crap about their health around here.

• I haven't been to too many rural areas, ha. But that's hilarious. And I don't know if Cincinnati is a hillbilly area, but that's where him and his friends are from. I guess it's the rural areas in all state then. When I was in Tennessee the girls seem a little.. well let's just use your "cousin-to-cousin breeding" here too.

• Hmmm I think beauty can be seen in everyone, so though some people may not seem so attractive to some people, they may be the most beautiful person to someone else. Ha so I donno..

• A woman's attractivness is based on her genes and who she is not where she's from. Don't be stupid. You're really not the prettiest girl yourself. If you had plain brown eyes, you'd look average and plain as can be. So don't talk about any other girl not being pretty because you are in no position to.

• Dude, seriously? Are you from Ohio or something? I was SIMPLY saying the women I have seen from Ohio are not attractive.. ergo- CRAP GENES. Which you just basically agreed with me yourself.. and then insulted me. Calm down.

• Are you slow? I just said that? People are attractive based on their genes? What the heck?

• bye.