Do girls always notice a guy's height when checking him out?

I hear that one of the first things girl's notice about a guy is his height. I think that may be one of the main reasons why girls tend to overlook me when they see me. I'm talking about random girls who I just happen to walk past or something. every time I go out with my best friend girls always notice him and check him out whereas I they don't pay attention to me. I'm about 5'4''/5'5'' ish and he is about 5'10''/5'11'' ish.

Does a guy, even if good-looking, go unnoticed by girls if he is short? Do you check out a guy more if he is taller? If the guy is short do you bother to check him out at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• I notice a guy's height in comparison to my own- but I'm short (5ft) so it's usually more of a thought about him being average, tall or giant. To be honest, I tend to measure them with standards of my close guy friends- my best guy friend is like 5'6", another is like 5'10" and the other (the giant one) is like 6'3". But it's only for description purposes really, so I can tell my girl friends what he looks like later.

Usually I notice a guy's bearing- the way he holds himself, walks through a room, engages with his friends etc. A certain bearing attracts me whether he's short, average or giant.

What Girls Said 6

• Ok I'll tell you the full honest truth I am 5'9" ish so ya the first thing I look at is the height. But I will take notice if they are cute even if he's short I'll be a bit bummed but I know its the inside that counts. And I can fully testify to that, because when I was in 8th grade (where guys still haven't hit their growth spurt) I fell head over heels for a guy that was a little bit higher than my chin to me. And I did like him for 2 years strait. Hope that helped :)

• I do, but that's just because I'm pretty tall, especially in heels! Yet if a guy didn't have a lot of height, but had a lot of heart, I would not pass him by! :D At the end of the day, it's who he is, not what he has that matters most to me :)

• I'm 5'0.5", but I'll be honest: I do prefer taller guys. At least 5'10" or above. So, if I see a good-looking guy who is short, I'll acknowledge that he's handsome, but I just won't be sexually attracted to him. It's a personal preference though. Don't worry. Not all girls are the same.

• Just out of curiousity, how come for short girl a guy who is like 4 or 5 inches taller than him still isn't enough? What is the reasoning behind short girls wanting a tall guy who makes her look even smaller?

• What if a guy had all the traits of an alpha male but he didn't have the height? Would you be into him then?

• In that case, I'd probably make an exception. The only time I wouldn't is if he were the same height as me, or only one or two inches taller.

• I don't really because 99.9% of guys are taller than me. So they all look tall to me. Maybe if he was over six ft or taller then I would notice more.

• of course. height is the first thing that I notice

• I tend to notice the taller guys, because I'm a tall female. I look at shorter guys and if they're cute I think to myself, "Oh, too bad so and so (a shorter friend) isn't here!" So, I do notice you guys, I'm just taller than you, and don't tend to go for you. Although, if I got to know you and was attracted to your personality there would be no stopping my feelings. So, in all honesty, no you don't go unnoticed, but if you're with your taller friend we might check him out more because he's (at first glance) more of what we're looking for. Don't despair though, I'm sure you're being checked out, you're just noticing the looks he's getting more, becuase you're stressing about it.

What Guys Said 1

• I find that I can use my height as a point of interest a lot of the time I'm 6'5 but as a tall person quite often you try to make yourself look smaller,