How can I stop comparing myself to my sister??

She looks like a SUPERMODEL. I just look average. I'll start to feel good about the way I look, then I'll see her and all self confidence is lost. I just have a stupid "its not fair" attitude, but I can't seem to control it...any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Who's to say that your sister isn't jealous of the way YOU look? Maybe to her you look like a supermodel, but I know how you feel. My sister is tall and thin. I am 5'1" with a ghetto booty. It is funny though because she tells me all the time how she wishes she had a butt and hips, a more curvy body. Meanwhile I always wish to be a twig like her! There nothing not fair about it. You come from the same gene poll if she is very beautiful I am sure you are too. Maybe you are just being too hard on yourself. PS----some guys think supermodels to be unattractive, just sayin!

What Guys Said 1

• ummm get plastic surgery if ur that self conscious bout it? other den that its up to you how long you feel less pretty.

• /facepalm

Please, don't listen to this idiot.

• Well people can't keep babying her cause she needs to realize ders always hotter chicks. and you need to be happy the way god made u. and if you can't deal with that then yes, get plastic surgery so I don't have to hear ur bitchin on how you feel like ur not pretty. that's life. take it or leave it, its ur choice.

What Girls Said 4

• I am exacty like you. All my life the guys in MY grade tell me how hot or pretty my sister is, and it makes me go "what's wrong with me?" I still struggle with some self confidence issues, but nto nearly as much sinc I got a new haircut and changed up my look a little. I know it seems simple but it gave me a TON more confidence. and trust me, there is something about you your sister envies too.

my sister is smart, but I am a better student than she was and I am better at school in general than she was.

my sister is also very insecure.

and I know it sounds glamorous but do you really want guys tlling you you are hot all the time? the ones that say that are usually the ones who are only in it for the way the girl looks and not for who she is, and it will be more special when you find someone who actually likes you for YOU.

• First of all you need accept the fact that you are jeleous of your sister and think about for you all now that little sister of your just might be jeleous of you. Learn to love yourself and every day you lok in the mirror tell your self that you are beauftil and find something that you really like about your body and show it off and flaunt it

• think of the things that you are good at and that your sister is not. whilst my sister is realy tall and beautiful. I am more academic and I know that she envys that . as well as I am better at dancing and music as well and she was always jealous when I would get through auditions and she wouldnt. next time just think about how people like you for being you and what you are talented at and what she's not. it always helps to make me feal better.

• Looks are both a gift and a curse. Often, people who are blessed with good looks don't develop other important qualities, such as intellect or personality. Then, when they get old and their looks fade, they have nothing. I advise you to focus on things that you can change, and try to forget about what you can't. It will be a challenge, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is possible.