Guys care more about body then face...

So if you have a bad body as a girl, your pretty much screwed right? I was reading another question and all the guys were like I don't care if she's ugly. so long as she's got a nice body. I knew all the guys talking about taking a pretty face over a nice body were full of crap.

I know there has to be a good combo, but if guys had to pick they'd all choose body over face. All you guys claim you'd pick a girl for her face, but if you honestly had a girl with an average face and great body, compared to a girl with a pretty face and no body, most guys would pick the girl with the better body, because men look at women's bodies to gauge how good she is for sexual reproduction. the hip to waist ratio.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hardly universal, so don't go accusing those who went against the majority as being full of crap.

But in general, it is true, yes. The good news is that your body type is quite malleable as opposed to your facial features. Healthy eating and exercise can make a body quite attractive, but girls with unattractive features frequently feel the need to go for surgery.

What Guys Said 5

• Not true... Face is more important.

• Well I disagree. Based purely on the appearance of a girl, I would find a girl with a pretty face with a body that isn't all the great more attractive than a girl with a good body, and a not so great face.

• You need a balance there is no point going to the extremes of each. I look more at her hair and eyes then her figure. She doesn't have to be a size 0 or a DD +

• How bad is the body obese or overweight or anorexia (not trying to be mean just objective)?

• It's not one or the other that is important, its the combo of both and how they look together. I don't think there is an ideal body for a girl nor is there an ideal face.

I would pic a sexy faced girl over a butterface :P

• @update I don't think there is such thing as 'no body'

• you know what I mean - flat chested, no visible waist very narrow hips, masculine / sqaure shaped

What Girls Said 2

• liking a girls body is better than liking her face,at least to me. her body shows how she takes care of herself,if she's healthy (health is important when it comes to attraction) and if she has self-control or if she's lazy. a face,you can't really change,only with makeup and surgery.

• I personally believe that people should be, and by be I mean date/marry, someone who they find attractive from head to toe and from the inside out. There are 7 billion people in this world, someone is bound to find ALL of you attractive, not just your body and not just your face but both. I wouldn't be with a man who was only dating me for my body but that's just me.

They did a study on this apparently and for one night stands or just sex guys would choose body over face but for a relationship they would choose face over body. I guess that kind of makes sense. Of course there are people who disagree on both sides and everyone is different but I think that's true for the most part. And you have to remember that when you love someone you find them beautiful in every way (so I've heard.)