Can a change of hairstyle put someone off?

Exactly the title.

I have radically changed my hair over Christmas, and I am somewhat worried that the guy I was talking to before Christmas will not like it. To get an idea of the change I am talking about, before Xmas I used to have shoulder length straight hair, but now it's butt length and braided.

I know this guy is no good for me if he doesn't like me because of it, but I was just wondering if the majority of guys really care about hair in the first place.

He's seen it now, and still seems interested, so I guess all is well. Thanks for all the responses - they definitely helped with my confidence. =]

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the maturity of the guy and how much he likes you.

If a guy really likes you or even loves you and views you as a rare, valuable female, then he's not going to stop liking you over a haircut. He's going to feel like he's lucky to have a girl like you and he shouldn't be an idiot and turn you away over something as changeable as hair. Keep in mind that guys like that these days are really hard to find though.

If he's really mature and understand that hair doesn't make a girl beautiful, then he will not care. There are girls with gorgeous, beautiful long hair or straight hair or however he likes hair, and they are selfish, grimy b*tches with no integrity. They'd probably cheat on him. So hair really doesn't mean sh*t. I think your hair is beautiful :)

What Guys Said 8

• As long as she ain't got a skin head then I'm good lol. I think curly hair looks amazing, usually my only preference is that its around shoulder length or more, if its down to their butt then so be it! :P I'm sure he will like it... it honestly isn't that big of a deal to most guys... I mean even if they have stricter preferences I'm quite sure they know you can easily cut itt. Breaded looks good :)

• Your hair grows fast! ;)

I wouldn't break up with a girl over her hair unless I really didn't like it and our relationship didn't mean much to me. Otherwise I'd ignore it and suggest a change nicely.

But the only was a hair style change would really bug me was if she went and did like a pixie cut, or bald or a mohawk or died her whole head an unnatural hair color like orange, blue, green etc.

Wow I'm pickier than I thought.

• Meh, if I already knew you and was talking to you it wouldn't put me off but hair matters for that initial attraction with strangers.

• Wait... how can you instantly go from shoulder length to butt length? What made your hair grow?

• Lol. This guy right here.

• Aha, a little thing called extensions =]

• I can't see how any guy could be bothered because you change your hairstyle -- while some guys might have a preference for some hairstyle, I wouldn't think it would matter once you two are together.

• Ha nope. I love girls that rock unique hairstyles, anything from bald to mohawks. But I know the majority of guys aren't as open to it.

• It can put me off I prefer a chick with a long hair straight hair.

• Some do but will it change them from dating you? Pfft...not even.

• Truth be told, it took me awhile to even realize you had hair when I looked at your picture! Honestly, I think you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 0