What do women think about my quirky, multicolored socks?

I dress relatively conservatively but I like to lighten up my outfits by wearing quirky, patterned, brightly colored socks. I am wondering in the early stages of a relationship…

(1) Is this something that women notice (or care about)? (Would your answer change if I were to take a girl someplace where I will for sure need to take my shoes off i.e. Bowling or skating)

(2) What do think it says about my personality?

(3) Is this a turn-on or turn off? (if so, what in particular turns you on/is there a particular style or pattern you like)

So I have been getting answers on both sides of the spectrum. Do those who like my fun socks also wear fun socks themselves?
Hey all, I have changed my profile pic to show another pair of my fun socks. I also uploaded a bunch of pics to my profile,

Most Helpful Girl

• i notice them on guys. I and always smile or compliment them on them xD I look at ppl's socks in general because it kinda shows about their personality, to me anyway...:D

i love it just because it shows they have a quirky, fun,cute side to them aswell. so its a turn on:) I don't mind what pattern or style they are, but I do love bright or funky colors in general.

plus, I often do them same to esp when I'm playing sports or working out, il have white clothes nd shoes, and bright blue ankle socks, or black clothes and bright yellow socks.

What Girls Said 55

• I would definitely notice.

I would think it's super cool. My first reaction would probably be to laugh, but in a good way. Like 'YES! Finally someone who gets me! Me and this dude are on the same page haha' and then I'd show you my socks. =P I'd think you're probably a little quirky and eclectic, which I think are good traits, probably have a good sense of humor. I'd probably want to check out all your socks and eventually borrow any that caught my eye, or trade, because I'd be excited about it, lol.

More of a turn-on, for the reasons I mentioned above, not so much for any physical reason.

• lol oddly enough I do pay more attention to socks these days. Before my boyfriend was my boyfriend, he'd always show me his fun brightly colored socks as an excuse to talk to me. On days when he didn't show me, I'd ask what socks he had on that day to show him I was interested in him.

1) It's something I personally notice, but I never would have taken any notice to socks if it wasn't for my boyfriend.

2) If I see a guy wearing bright colors, whether it's socks or whatever, it gives me the impression that he's fun to be around, and comfortable with himself.

3) It's not a turn on in a sexual way to me, but I think it's really cute. Anything aside from solid black/white/grey socks are fun!

• Have your boyfriend's fun socks inspired you to wear fun socks of your own?

• YES, actually! I have a good sense of what he likes and doesn't like, so I keep him in mind when purchasing socks. I have fun with it.

• :) So then he both enjoys wearing fun socks, and having his girl wear fun socks too. I think it is great that you are joining him. Something fun to do together.

• hahaha I feel pretty neutral on the whole. I love fun socks, so more power to you, but it's not something I'd really judge you by (good or bad judgement) or take particular notice to.

• haha omg you are just like me! except that I'm a girl...haha my friends always tease me about my brightly colored, funkayyhh toes socks and not to mention I have them mismatched whenever I rush to school...

I thought nobody else have this hobby until I read this! blergghhh I thought I was 'special' lol oh, and my birthday/xmas wishlist always have this item...damn, not so secret anymore =/

1. getting noticed means your attractive. so yeah, if you're stand out, wear those socks around with confidence, sure some girls would compliment;)

2. you are FUN

3. I think you are approachable, cos it makes people want to compliment them, while turn-on/off depends on people...if I find a person like you, I wouldn't be "turned-on" just like that but I just find it interesting or cute...so that's a...step to making acquaintance I guess?

• haha, thanks for the support. I have generally had good feedback from girls, and maybe some moderate teasing from guy friends. When I said turn-on I meant it more how you defined it. Not neccesarily something that got would make you take interest in a positive way.

One thing with my sock style that I have not defined though, do I just wear a random pair, or should I try to match them to my shirt/something else. What do you do?

• hmm I never thought to have them matched with shirt/anything else...good question ha ha usually I just grab anything that come across me.im lazy to dig under piles of clothes, so that includes having bright pink pants on,blue shirt,mismatched socks...yadayada but id make sure I don't end up looking too much like a hippy ha ha not I have anything against them,still, I care about my appearance if I have a presentation/conference.i just think that bringing a little color would brighten up boring atmosphr

• I would notice, I think you would have ran out of socks lol jk no I would say that your personality would be quirky, fun and not afraid the take chances. It wouldn't be turn off or a turn on

• I love happy socks! That's what they call them in Sweden where the whole happy sock fad started a year ago. You see this serious business man in "Stureplan" (our Manhattan) and then suddenly happy bright pink socks underneath his executive attire. Its cute.

• yes I am in fact wearing happy socks : ) which happy socks do you have?

• I don't have happy socks but I do have happy underwear.

• I think its a way for guys to say... Look I am not a boring success fixated dude and I actually have a fun side to myself... let me express that fun later in the sack.

• I think it's cute! It shows you like to have fun, and express yourself! I don't think it's necessarily a turn-on, but just something unique about you that's a plus.

• I'd say you're snazzy! and that you had cool socks :3 socks don't matter that much but if they're awesome that's cool.

• Fun socks-wearer here.

Unless you took off your shoes, I probably would not notice your socks at all. It's a little unusual for a guy to be wearing "fun" socks - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a guy wearing socks like the ones you're showing off. It definitely reads as quirky and fun, and implies that you care a little more about your style than the average guy - never a bad thing, in my opinion. As far as being a turn-on or turn-off, I would say neither, really.

• I love fun socks so yes I would notice right away and I would spark up even more of a convo about how awesome they are and talk about my love for bright colors, polka dots and knee highs. I think it shows your into your own style and love to be fun with it. Those are good things

• A definite turn on for most girls. It shows you're fun and like to let loose sometimes! That's so cute--I wish my boyfriend did that! :)

• 1. Really wouldn't care or ask you to change

2. It says that you are respectful and largely conformist but not totally, it says that you refuse to be pigeon holed, and that in a pinch you will do what you think is right even if it goes against the majority. (My mum studied psychiatry and psychology at one point and I got into far to many of her books as a child)

3. Neither, but I would think it was quite cute and quirky, especially if it goes with your personality, like if you were bubbly and quirky yourself. From your pics they are all really fun, I like them (on you), but I wouldn't wear them myself.

5. I wear ONLY over the ankle plain black cotton and lycra socks with and elasticated rim. So no quirky, patterned, brightly colored socks for me.

• (1) It's something I'd notice eventually, it's not like I judge guys completely and only on their socks... lol. I think it just gives a guy a little uniqueness and honestly its something I've never seen I guy wear before. So I think its pretty cool, I mean, I wear fun socks all the time and if a guy took his shoes off to bowling or skating I'd be like wow, that guy looks like he can have fun

(2) It simply says you like to put some fun in to your everyday life.

(3) its not a turn on or a turn off really. It just might get you noticed

By the way...

I LOVE FUN SOCKS

lol if you haven't noticed by now... ha ha hope this helped

• Well, I wouldn't care socks are socks. I'll wear anything on my feet as long as they're keeping my feet warm. But most normal hence the word NORMAL females I believe would see it as a sign of a nice guy that would possibly get walked all over. So to normal females turn off. They wouldn't be attracted to that kind of guy. So it all really depends on what kind of girl your looking for, someone who lives and loves to follow the laws of society or someone who just wants to be free and be themselves. The choice is up to you.

• I haven't seen it but it says he has a sense of humor and isn't shy

• It depends on the type of guy for me. If the guy is a cute, bubbly, sort of guy-Yes it's a turn on.

If he is a muscular, brawny type of guy- No it's a turn off.

• Looove! Its exciting, shows your fun, bit quirky, woop woop I say, knock your socks off!

• ...I think you know my response to this :P

• I would like that, I would think you were fun and not a boring guy so it's pretty interesting clothes always reveal something...

• i had some now I guess I might have too, don't use socks that much, just when I wear boots or tennis which isn't all the time...

• well maybe you should wear fun socks more often.

• If you like it and it makes you happy, then who cares what anyone else thinks! Life is too short. So wear your multiple colored socks and be happy!

• If they were that bright I'd definitely notice them and smile :) I think they are adorable! I think it says that your unique, fun an adventurous. As for a turn on or off it's just mutual for me.

• You seriously made this a featured question?

• lol turn off

• (1) I think its something id pick up on

(2) that you have a hidden side to you, a fun or interesting side... that your not afraid to be a little weird or strange or different

(3) TURN ON! just the fact that I know you have this side to you and you don't just try and blend in or hide it.

i have a feeling the girls who like it are girls who aren't "miss normal"

some one whos not afraid to be strange or have some fun as well. but that's just my opinion.

• Fun socks ftw :D

1) I notice and I like them

2) It says you like to have a bit of fun

3) Neither :p

• no.

• i love funky socks on guys ^_^

• Its sexy on a girl

• They are cute, quirky and make me lol :P

• I would love it! omg... I love crazy socks

• More from Girls
    25

What Guys Said 11

• 1) Women may notice your socks but unless they have quirky socks aswell, this is not going to be an object or moment where you can increase attraction. Basically, if you are wearing them "just because" and not to gain attention from females, then I think you are in the right direction because:

2) It speaks highly about your confidence in who you are; by wearing those quirky socks you are sending a message to the public that you know and appreciate who you are. You understand what makes you happy; and THAT is a message which can often lead to increased attraction. (Remember, it's not that you wear weird socks that makes you attractive, it's that you have no problem wearing the socks that others wouldn't dare to wear)

3) This has been described in the first two answers of my post but I think the question should be rewarded (Is it attractive / not?).. A turn on regarding socks would be for those with a fetish towards certain things; trying to judge whether it is a turn on / turn off (Based on results from special circumstances) is like trying to ask the public about what career they will do for the next 20 years of their life. Your data is misconstrued. If you ask the question, "is it attractive" then you will be targetting a sense of feeling about the socks (similar to: "Do the socks seem frightening" "Do they remind you of a vacation when you were little" etc)..

~ ArtistBBoy

• They make me wanna vomit up my intestines.

• Some girls put all the emphasis on this sort of thing in the early stages of a relationship. So you will weed out the shallow girls with these socks! A more mature girl might notice, but won't put much importance on your socks.

• I, too wear wacky colored socks and have never received anything but compliments about them. The only time I won't wear them is when I'm working out for which plain white socks are used.

• If you got it. Rock it. That's all I have to say.

.

.

.

SWAGGA.

• this is the queen of stupid questions ...

• They may think you are gay or think you would be a wonderful addition to their collection of guys stuck in the FRIENDZONE!

• Your only excuse would be that you are British ;)

• Turn in your man card.

Just kidding, as long as you aren't wearing toe socks it's NBD.

• It's great, you are real pick up artist, nice way to use peacocking

• UGAY