My hair knotted up after I took down the micros and washed it - is this suppose to happen?

has anyone took down their micros...wash their hair and your hair began to knot up. if you perm it will it be a difference? my hair looks like its gone but its not I don't know what to do with it I'm freaking out! I went to Africans to get my micro braids in and they knot up your braids to make sure they don't come down. please help please I have more hair than this I know I do my hair is longer than it looks

Most Helpful Girl

• So you washed the micros and it looks like a birds nest?Is that what you are saying?Or are you saying that you took out the braids and washed YOUR hair and it's in tangles?Did you ask the other question about microbraids?If you did,once again DO NOT relax it or you will most likely end up bald.

• lol thanks and I took down the micro braids finally yesterday it took me a week to get them down. I washed my hair and its tangeling up bad it looks like my long hair is gone because it looks like it got short in length. people is telling me that my hair is gonna look that way for right now but I'm going to the beauty salon in the morning even if I have to drive 5 hrs lol

• I'm not sure what to tell you.Maybe it's because of new growth that your hair "looks" shorter?I know that sometimes hair can tangle up if their isn't enough moisture going on.Also detangling your hair prior to washing it helps alot.Give an update! :)

• i just talked to a hair geenie I need a relaxer done I'm going to get one of those in the morning and the hair was coming out was dead hair I felt relieved lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• If your hair is long / thick you're going to have to comb it pretty regularly, and even then it gets knotted up pretty easily... my hair's always getting knots, the longer it gets, the worse... every now and then I get it layered which really helps. I don't know much about micros however...

I googled it and found this article that might be of some help: link

• You should detangle your hair 1st before washing it..you can add conditioner to make detangling easier

• When I took down box braids my hair got tangled,probably because it hasn't been combed or detangled in so long..I don't like getting braiding like that because my hair breaks but some of my friends say it helps it grow

• gurl it helped mines grow real good lol but I went ahead and got the perm I couldn't wait any longer lol I felt so relieved but never will I go to the africans again they took out my hair (a patch)

• Ya I heard they do it too tight..I'm trying to grow mine past shoulder length but it keeps breaking /:

• Wet the braids with conditioner and water before you take down braids