Can short hair be feminine?

The title says it all. I'd love to get all my hair cut off >> like this short link maybe a tad longer though.

Guys, do you find short hair on women to be attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have it,and love it. I always get told I'm feminine,even tho I dress like a ''punk'',you just have to have the right features to pull off masculinity without looking like a man,you have to be petite,with delicate facial features,clear skin,and large eyes. think link link link

• Oh I love the last link; she's so beautiful!

I guess what worries me is not liking it, because than I'll be stuck with it for a really long time!

• don't worry,it's winter,you can wear those mushroom hats link with your bangs out,they give the effect that you have longer hair (not really that you have longer hair,but your face is framed which hair is usually in charge of) and you can wear a scarf around your head during summer (tie it so it looks like a headband,but let the ends rest on your shoulders like a pony tail)

What Guys Said 8

• I find short hair on women to be quite cute, though don't sport that style, try this:

link

Yes I know it's a cartoon character but the point is to wear it "messed up" if you get what I mean...

• A very, very small amount of women can look attractive with a pixie-type cut (and Michelle Williams isn't one of them). Usually, the women who CAN get away with it are petite and have kind of "Euro" facial features.

But overall, short hair to me is usually a sign of middle-age/post-middle-age women who have given up being sexy. Every single 50-to-60-year-old woman has short hair.

Longer hair tends to be a sign of youth and beauty.

Something to think about anyway.

• If a woman has nice eyes and good skin, short hair is adorable. Or if she's relatively dark in skin coloring, and has those large eyes...Short hair can be devastating!

• I'm sorry...good skin?Do you mean clear skin or WHITE skin.So you're saying if she has dark skin,the short hair would be a bad decision?Some of the most beautiful women (which the media does not recognize because of racism and the idea that anything dark isn't beautiful) have beautiful healthy dark skin and short hair.But the media doesn't see that as beauty.

• Yes, stunning. You seem to have a big ciip on your shoulder.

• I agree, it can look amazing as the emphasis is on the facial features rather than just the hair.

• Absolutely have you seen the hair style they chose for Ginnifer Goodwin? If not it's gorgeous! But do be careful going to short because sometimes it's one of those where it can go horribly wrong.

• No.

Some women who are ridiculously good looking still look pretty good with bad hair cuts.

Chin length or even slightly shorter can be sexy. Pixie cuts? No.

• I very very rarely find short hair attractive, its usually a turnoff, but I've seen cute short haired girls, but I would always rather have long soft hair to feel against my face.

• I love ladies with short hair...always have :)

• Absolutely! I think in a way, it's more feminine because it flaunts how pretty her face is. Ever seen Michaela Paige's hair? Very unique and sexy. Although that may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I love haircuts that show off a girl's neck, which means chin length and shorter. I think chin-length bobs and pageboys are the most feminine kind of haircut because they look so pretty and delicate while showing off her beauty, and her hair moves around enough that she brushes it back a lot (I associate brushing back hair with femininity).

Long hair I actually see as something that can be feminine but not necessarily so. It is in cases with someone like Rapunzel, but it's clearly NOT when talking about Vikings.

What Girls Said 7

• Of course short hair can be feminine.I think short hair isn't really an issue but confidence IS. A couple of years ago I was so bored with having long hair.So at the start of the new year,i grabbed a pair of scissors and clippers and I went to town on my hair.I cut off practically all of my hair and not once did I think what anyone else thought of it.I loved it.And last year I cut off all of my hair...AGAIN and there has been no shortage of men around.And please don't listen to people saying only those with European features blah,blah,blah. I don't know if you are black,white,asian etc. But these very limited ideas of beauty is far from the truth.I know I'm not a guy,but don't make decisions in life based on what someone else likes or wants.It just hair afterall,and if you don't like it...it grows back.

• YES. some girls look HOT with pixie cuts!

• I think women with natural beautiful facial features can get away with a short hair do. Usually these are women with great confidence in themselves. I believe femininity is the way how a female conducts herself, some women can look femine but behave like men (if that makes sense), or have long hair but looks very manly.

• Short hair is also attractive and charming like Emma. With different hue and style, short hair has lots styles to make you look pretty and nice.

• personally I think long hairs are more charming... by the way, I am a girl

• yeah I think you have to have a really feminine face though for to look good...maybe an overly exaggerated feminine face ...big eyes smallish features heart shaped face. that kinda thing.

• I think it is the anti feminine but a pretty face can balance it out I guess.