Why does it matter if I have an ugly body?

I have a very beautiful face, but I am fat. This one girl I know is uglier than sin, and she got the guy. And she isn't really thin either. Like she isn't fat, but she isn't extremely skinny. And she is really quiet and shy.

I am losing weight, I've lost 40 pounds so far, and I have another 50 to go. So maybe someday I will win him instead.

I just don't think it's fair that an ugly shy girl won the guy over me. I'd get it she had a personality, but she doesn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather date the girl with a good personality and decent looks. You've lost a good amount of weight and its great that you are sticking with it! Ugly, shy, skinny girls are a turn off.

• yeah that's what I thought, once I am really skinny I am going to be gorgeous and he will probably regret choosing her over me, but then I will laugh in his face. He should have taken me as I am, and then benefited from the weight loss. Instead he's going to be stuck with the ugliest woman alive who has no personality whatsoever. she'll get hers someday though.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on the guy. Some guys say they care mainly about face. Personally, from a physical standpoint, I care more about body. Significant overweight would be a deal breaker for me - I'm just not sexually attracted to someone who is very overweight, and I would have no interest in being in a relationship with someone I wasn't attracted to on some level.

Forget about 'him'. Keep losing weight, you're doing awesome. There will be other guys.

• Maybe it's not even your body that mattered in this case. Maybe he just liked her better for some reason. Seriously, the reasons could be numerous, and there is no way I could figure out whether he chose her for her body, her personality, her smile, her voice, her charm, seriously, I haven't a clue. I cannot have a clue.

But it's not necessarily just the physical aspect that counts. Some people actually find introverted girls more attractive. Some don't. It's really hard to tell.

• well he says she is confident around him because she gets outgoing once she gets to know people, but still she has an ugly face plus he can never takee her to parties because she will be too shy to go. so he should have picked me. I have an amazing personality, I am hot, and we are meant to be together. we connect really well. her? they don't connect at all. plus her face.

• It's important not to be bitter about it. It's that kind of stuff that makes you unappealing. You are working towards where you want to be and that's a good attitude. I think men have their own opinions about what they from women. You will find men who would easily choose you over your friend and visa versa. In this case, the guy you were interested was more interested in your friend than you, the next guy may prefer you, people are like that.

• If you're that fat yes it's going to hurt your chances with guys as well as with people in general. Fat people are thought of as lazy, unhealthy (this becomes true the longer you are fat), and unattractive in body shape.

It's good you lost the weight, I've been dropping weight myself and I feel a lot better. Keep at it.

Being fat is bad enough, being a fat girl is horrible. Good luck

What Girls Said 3

• You don't need to loose weight to please someone. If a guy goes only by your physical qualities then he doesn't deserve you.

• who cares? guys are busy with other guys only.

• Being fat does not make you ugly. You hating yourself is what makes you ugly

• Please pay no mind to the idiot above, he's just projecting his own self-loathing on to you it's his problem not yours. I know plenty of heavy pretty girls who are never left alone, men like some meat on their dinners don't worry about it. If you want to get healthy and boost your confidence there is nothing wrong with that