Calling a girl beautiful.. Do you mean it?

I'm not a good looking person, I accepted his fact a long time ago. But my boyfriend keeps calling me beautiful - he swears he means it and says he is going to say it every day until I believe it.

So what I'm asking is, guys, if you were with an average looking person, would you tell her she was beautiful without meaning it?

Or would she look beautiful to you because you loved her?

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is, you think that the standards of beauty are universal. They're not.

The saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is true. That's why a lot of guys can lust after Megan Fox, for example. But you can still find guys who think she's a pig.

And Helen Mirren may be in her 60's, but you can find a lot of young guys who think she's hot.

You may not think of yourself as beautiful. And by Hollywood standards you may be right. But that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of guys out there who would think you were beautiful.

Why is it so hard to believe your boyfriend is one of them?

What Guys Said 3

• A girl could be ugly to the world, but beautiful in my eyes.

• Genarally guys won't do it , some of them may be talking about the inner beauty to me beauty is not only about the physical it is about the character . Nowadays guys just want a responsible girl , presentable and neat and maybe a little good looking but majorly with good character . Hope I helped ?

• Every woman has her lovely and beautiful place, some people can easily be found, and some people need to look for, if he really is to discover your beautiful place, then you make the most of. Everyone is the Apple in the hands of God, some people apparently missing is actually God loves him bite a few bites.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think I am good looking either, and I've been called beautiful, which I thought was odd. There's always something who will think you are better than you think, so I think he means it.

• If he is that persistant, then I think he means what he is saying. Don't worry beauty is not always as we see it. I am not simply saying this to be reassuring, but I think there is a physical beauty in everyone, and realistically 'the beautiful people' are just what people generally consider to be beautiful. Not the definition of beauty.

• Don't deny it when he says you are...graciously thank him and smile! Believe that you are beautiful!