Personality vs. Looks: What carries more weight with you?

What's more important to you, in 2009 people? Are looks THAT important wen looking for someone to date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality.

Looks fade, we all get wrinkley and old, so there's no point in believing that "Oh, he'll stay this handsome forever" or "her boobs will always be that perky".

Personality is more what I look for on any date, is he a gentleman, is he funny, can he make fun of himself, what is he like around his friends, how does he act around me, etc etc.

I feel that going off of personality, rather than looks, makes a better bond between people, if you have no chemistry, what's the point of looking like a super model? I'll take a sweet chunky guy over a dick of a hunk.

What Girls Said 7

• Personality would definitely be more important because it is what usually makes the average joe cute. however looks are kind of important because that is usually what draws us to other people

• Another vote for personality... Even if I havnt been around someone for a very long time...theres that jes ne se qua that draws me to them...a vibe of sorts. Personally, I don't like it when someone is attracted to me soley off of my looks. That can go at any time...be it aging or some horrible accident. I want someone who will see more to me than with their eyes..and its the same way I look at others...because who a person is will always be...

• one that I can answer! =]

I would have to go with personality, unless of course he looks like beetlejuice, lol.

Of course I want to be attracted, looks wise, to the person that I'm with but as the same time why be with someone that looks good but has the worst personality on earth? I need someone that I can talk to and is funny, understanding, caring and so much more and I find that with a guy that isn't exactly model like then so be it, I'll be happy.

• Personality is the most important thing. A okay guy can become a really attractive guy with a great personality. I mean there has to be some sort of physical attraction but looks fade over time and I would take a great personality any day!

• Guys are usually looks first. Girls may notice a guy isn't that attractive, but when she sees his personality her opinion could change.

me personally.. PERSONALITY hands down.

• For me, and for lots of other I'm sure, there has to be come sort of physical attraction, but that doesn't mean the person has to be drop dead gorgeous---one person can thins someone is hot and someone else could think that same person is ugly. So physical attraction is important, but for me in the long run they definitely have to have a great personality, otherwise I just don't stick around.

• Personality.

Looks aren't incrediably important, but they play a role. As bad as it sounds, I don't really notice guys in a "I-want-to-date-him" way if I'm not physically attracted. Although, it doesn't have to be a huge attraction. Just something to catch my attention. Personality determines if he's worth seeing again and again. ;)

I agree with anabur. People I end up spending a lot of time around (such as co-workers and peers) I tend to notice their looks less and focus more on their personalities. Like the guy I'm into right now. I probably wouldn't have looked at him twice walking down the street (admittedly I would've looked once XD ), but since we work together and see each other practically everyday I've gotten to know his personality. So, I find him as a complete package attractive.

What Guys Said 1

• Depends. If it's someone you end up spending time around, like a coworker, they have a chance to win you over with their personality. Every other situation, it's looks that make you try to get to know them and find out if you like their personality.