University Graduation, shirt and tie?

So for the graduation pictures, it says I'm suppose to wear a shirt and tie...

I never wore really formal clothing before and the picture taking is 2 weeks from now. What is something simple and good looking that I could wear shirt+tie wise?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say a solid button up shirt and a nice tie. I'd choose whatever color looks best on you and maybe a dark tie, or a color that goes well with the shirt color. You can never go wrong with black and white combo either.

• Seems like that's the popular choice here, I'll def get up on that, thanks :)

What Girls Said 3

• This is semi - formal - link

Don't even have to wear a tie - but you still look kinda dressy, but kinda casual too -

and smexy...

• It's for grad pictures, but thanks for the ideas, I've also been needing a new wardrobe. Where did you find that pic? What stores have that kind of clothing style?

• Oh sorry misread your question - I thought you said without a tie for some reason lol -

Um just about every men's store has the polo type shirts in various colors, that you can pair up with a nice vest. I'm not very aware of men stores sorry - but from what I know you can find this outfit pretty simply.

Good luck with grad pictures. They just snapped us in our robes at mine, so no worry about outfits ha ha

• No colorful shirt & tie, that's very informal and flirty. White shirt and black tie is classic and never lose its charm. Happy for your graduation.

• I have black hair so I guess that would work quite well, thanks :D mixnmatch FTW!

• any solid color button up shirt with most likely a black tie

What Guys Said 3

• White shirt. Conservative tie. You'll be looking at the photo 50 years from now so don't go trendy.

• I assume you'll be wearing a gown over the top anyway, so it doesn't really matter - just go with an ordinary white shirt and any smart tie.

• Black tie and white shirt.