Question about splitting pants

I'm a security guard while I'm going to school.

I recently split 2 pairs of 40inch pants while bending over. Now I'm really conscious about myself and now I'm worried. I wear 38 inch pants while at home. Does this mean I'm getting bigger? I know security pants are cheaply made so could this be it? Please help

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless they feel tighter, then I'm going to guess that its just the different material.

What Girls Said 3

• Security pants are also sized differently too, it doesn't necessarily mean you are gaining weight. Ask your boss if you can buy your own security pants because of this reason. I wear the military cargos (military surplus store), they don't rip easily at all and they are comfortable. Just get the ones in your company's color.

• If you are able to change the style of your pants you could try military bdu pants. You can get them in different styles and colors and they are very durable.

• Its company issued. So no changing

• Can you perhaps talk to a tailor and get the crotch region reinforced with maybe additional fabric or additional stitching?

• if you had splitting pant it is probably because you are adding some weight or the pants weren't strong enough because of the kind of material it was made from.

• I'm hoping material because the pants feel loose and I'm around the same weight I havve been (210lbs)

• then it is the material. these days, designers use cheaper materials to produce just to cut production cost. so choose another designer. nothing is wrong with you

What Guys Said 1

• Could be a bad cut on the pants. Not all of them fit like the jeans we are used to.