Do you use shampoo/conditioner?

I told my friend that I only need to use shampoo on my hair once a month when I need to and my hair feels fine. Being outside the social norm and her use, she thought I was crazy :)

So what about you?

• I can't go a day without it.
  • About 2-3 times a week.
  • Once every 1-2 weeks.
  • Only when I need to, about once a month.
Also, I'm against using the many popular types of shampoo. I really think they do more harm than good with all those chemicals. I won't touch a shampoo product unless it's paraben free.

Most Helpful Girl

• i wash my hair every day (when I'm not at camp). I have incredibly thick hair, and its just gross when I dont. Like, its not bad, but if I don't do it the next day, ill get lazy and I won't want to after. XD

at camp, however, we wash in the lake - its Huron Lake, one of the Great Lakes, so its really clean. But we have to use biodegradable shampoo, conditionner and soap, so that really limits the product selection. Aussie and Live Clean are definitely the most popular brands, and I find that Aussie cleans the best, and leaves the softest feeling.

At home, I use head&shoulders shampoo and Dove conditionner.

What Girls Said 8

• ONCE IN A MONTH! heck that's crazy .. I mean there so much dust and pollution in the air .. plus the sun .. plus the oils that the hair produces .. once a month is crazy! I wash my hair every 2 days , because it is extremely straight , fine and sensitive .. so a day in the sun would require another washing ..

• I am the same as petitebrunette. I wash my hair and use conditioner every other day...otherwise it will start to get a bit dried out for me. Some people I know have to wash their hair every single day or it looks really oily and gross, but others can skip a day and be just fine, like me. Only once a month...that's not enough in my opinion, unless you are shaved bald.

• I shower maybe once every 2 days and I use shampoo and conditioner along with deodorant and body spray.

• I am very particular about my hair.I use shampoo and conditioner like 3-4 times a week to avoid my hair getting dry.Once a month is so less tho =D

• I think anyone who uses their hair color as their user name is ;) Anymore than once a month and I'll go crazy with all the frizzy-ness.

• "I use shampoo and conditioner like 3-4 times a week to avoid my hair getting dry" - But doesn't shampoo actually rid the oils and dry your hair out?

• Not really.That depends on the hair type and the shampoo you using.

• I use both every other day and they make my hair soft. :) That's usually only when I use Dove though, all other products make it feel disgusting.

• My hair is down to my lower back. Nobody wants to see or touch my hair if I don't have conditioner in it :/ I wash my hair every second day.

I use organic shampoo and conditioner. The one I get isn't very expensive and it works better than the salon ones I've bought. Me and my sister fell in love the first time we bought it :)

• Yeah I use the same type too. I think people believe that if the shampoo is more expensive, it has got to be better. I was once shopping with somebody and she went crazy about the product range :) "For dry hair" "For straight hair" lol I think it's a marketing gimmick and it's all the same..

• Yeah, so true. And I feel better using something natural that isn't tested on animals :)

• I use both every time I take a shower

• of course

What Guys Said 1

• I use it every time I shower, like every other day.