Girls: what body hair do you remove and how?

Underarms? Legs? Eyebrows? Bikini zone? Upper Lip? Arms? Wax? shave? pluck? Nair? Do you use shaving gel if you shave?

I personally only remove hair from my legs and underarms. Both by shaving (oh and I pluck my brows a little). But when I shave my underarms, its never completely smooth and hairfree. would waxing or something else be a better option? Also, I don't know how to handle the bikini zone- which area down there should be hairless and which (if any) shouldnt? Oh and are we supposed to remove arm hair/peach fuzz above the lip?

Most Helpful Girl

• WAXING all the way! I do everything! ahahah. Waxing is great for me because it leaves my skin so smooth after and there's no risk of ingrown hairs that you get from shaving. If you have some tolerance for pain (its not as painful as you think), then I suggest waxing over shaving any day.

I'm not so sure about the bikini part either, but just go to a salon or its website, I DO know that there are different styles of waxing for it, depending on what bikini style you are planning to wear.

If its only 'peach fuzz', then I don't see why you have to remove it, because everyone has it and its practically invisible. But then that is up to you, and how comfortable you are on having the fuzz there or not ;)

What Guys Said 1

• Just to add my opinion.

It is a medical fact that a woman produces pheromones from her armpits, and I have found that a woman who DOES NOT comply with the "social norm" of shaving/waxing (or whatever else) their armpits actually produce a higher level of pheromones; to the extent that pre and during sex these pheromones are a HUGE aphrodisiac and as a result increase both partners sexual experience.

However, a woman that does shave/ wax etc. actually "hardens" the skin of the armpit, which in turn reduces the release of these natural pheromones.

I actually have a wealth of information on this topic, with actual experiences and "studies" and anyone who is interested can add me as a friend here and I can then share these with you.

Or you can E-mail me on dbnfun@hotmail.com

What Girls Said 15

• underarms - shave

legs - shave or wax (try both and see what works for you)

eyebrows - I don't cause I love my eyebrows... but you could pluck to make it the shape you want

bikini zone - I hate hair down there... I do a brazilian wax (no hair at all) and shave in between waxing (you have to take good care of that area so that you don't get bumps cause that's just gross

upper lip - if you have hair ...use hair removal lotion (nair)

arms - wax or shave (try both and see what works for you)

always use shaving gel when shaving and put lotion on afterwards

also put lotion on after waxing

pick a lotion that you think smells the best... especially for your privates

• Legs, bikini zone and underarms, I use a razor for this, I find the Venus Embrace works the best since I don't have to use shaving gel with it. Then for my eyebrows I pluck. I don't find it necessary to shave my arms because I don't have dark/noticable hair on them, and I have no upper lip hair to wax/pluck for the same reason:)

Hope this helps you :)

• legs: hair removal cream

underarms: shave

err down there: shave + condition so it does not itch when it regrows and is not as stubbley

eyebrows: pluck stray hairs

• Legs: Shave. The whole thing. Use the cheapest razors. Use shower gel or shampoo. Put yummy lotion on after.

Underarms: Shave. Cheap razors. Shower gel, shampoo, or bar soap.

Bikini Area: Shave just the edges so it doesn't jump out of a swimsuit.

Brows: I don't touch mine. EVER.

Upper Lip: I don't have a mustache..

Arms: My arms are really hairy, but I NEVER touch them. because once you start, you can't stop.

But remember, everyone is unique!

• i hate hair, so I shave my legs and arms and underarms with body wash or shampoo. I wax my whole v area. I do not leave any hair down there. have the little smooth away pad that buffs away my upper lip peach fuzz.

• I shave my legs and my underarms. I wax my bikini line and go get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed.

• This is an old threat but I'll just answer it.

1) I shave : underarms, legs, and bikini line.

2) I pluck: eyebrows

3) I wax: little fuzz above the lip

4) I trim: private area ( might start shaving more though)

• I just recently discovered a new hair removal thing which has been out for a while but I guess I was too kept up on waxing everything that I never paid any attention to it. Anyhow, its called an epilator, its a little pricey but its just like waxing, but without the mess and without the shaving roughness and dark roots showing still. Its an electric tweezer, and ever since I bought mine at around $75, I've never used anything since! Oh and I do my legs, underarms, eyebrows, upper lip, and bikini zone. A word of warning though, if you have a low pain tolerance, this might not be the best product for you, but I highly recommend it to all who wax or pluck hairs anywhere :)

• all and wax

• underarms-shave and wax

legs-shave and wax

eyebrows-tweeze and soemtimes wax

bikini-shave and brazillian

upper lip-i dont' need it, I have no hair there practically

arms-shave

• I use shaving gel on my legs (not the thighs) and under arms and I don't shave my upper lip because it gets more hairier the next time

• Waxing - Full leg, Bikini line, Underarms, Eyebrows,

Shaving - Touch ups on legs and underarms, genital area.

Plucking - Eyebrows and occasionally upper lip (when I have a tan as I have very fair hair)

• I shave my legs, I shave my underarms, and I shave my private area. I get my eyebrows waxed by a professional, but sometimes I have a few stray eyebrows and I pluck those until it's time to get them waxed again.

Shaving "down there" isn't really soemthing you HAVE to do, just do it because it feels cleaner and neater. Now since I am not sexually active, no one sees there so I don't sit in the shower for hours getting every little hair. I just shave it the best I can so that I feel clean.

• Luckily my hairs are naturally quite fair and fine. I shave my legs, underarms and my erm... private area. I pluck any hairs hanging around my belly button.

I once tried self-waxing my private area.. I swear to god it kills you. I put the wax strip, probably comparable to half the size of a bank note, right across my area and yanked it as hard as I could. Let's just say there was a lot of bleeding and a hell of a lot of pain- do you know how deep those hairs root?!?

• #1- do NOT shave ur arms (I don't mean underarms)- that is disgusting! I knew a girl who did that and her arms were as prickly as a cactus and it wuz soooo gross!

#2- I personally shave my legs and underarms evryday because I can't stand 2 have hairy legs. I don't use nair because I'm allergic!

#3- wax the peach fuzz and any chin hair as well- its reallllly easy. you can buy sally hansen pre waxed strips at walmart and they work vry well 4 me and its not messy and they don't hurt- its like rippin off a band aid. DO THIS IT IS REALLY REALLY EASY AND IT IS GROSS 2 C A HAIRY LIP OR CHIN N THE SUNLIGHT!

#4- keep ur eyebrows maintained by plucking because you DO NOT want 2 wax off an eyebrow!

#5- the bikini area. its called the landing strip. and that's wut it looks like lol go look it up