What age should girls start wearing makeup?

Just curious what everyone thinks, I was 13 when I first started wearing it. I notice some girls about 8 or 9 wearing makeup now do you think that is to young?

0|0
13|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think that if a young girl wants to wear makeup to dress up as fun then that's fine, but out everywhere? No. I'd say about 12 is fine for that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 12

• Same here, I started wearing makeup when I was 13 too. While I do agree that 8 or 9 is too young to start wearing it, what I find more concerning is the fact that nowadays girls who are that age (or even younger) feel that they *need* to wear it. Scary.

0|0
    0|0
  • I started wearing makeup when I was 12. I would wear a bit of powder and mascara. I think that some makeup in middle school is fine-- full makeup should be saved for high school though. I think that girls who are still in elementary school should slow down and wait it out a bit. I love makeup but sometimes little girls give the wrong impression when they start too early.

0|0
    0|0
  • light makeup in 7th/8th grade

0|0
    0|0
  • Eight or nine is wayyy to young.I started when I was about 12 or 13.But if I was charge of somebodys kid,i would make them wait until 15 or 16.

0|0
    0|0
  • i started around 13 as well.

i think that 9 years old is pretty ridiculous considering they don't even need it at that age -_-

0|0
    0|0
  • Way to young! I'm a huge supporter of makeup but believe that girls should start wearing makeup at 13. I think a cute lip gloss is OK for 8 & 9 year old though. But nothing else! Little girls are naturally beautiful because of their youth :)

0|0
    0|0
  • IMO elementary school aged kids should not wear make up, except when they are doing it for fun in the house. When they are in middle school it's okay, I think. That's when they are discovering who they are. As long as it's within the boundaries of decency they should be allowed to do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I started wearing makeup daily in high school...but in middleschool I sometimes wore lip gloss and sometimes I'd use my mom's mascara...so I'd say high school is a good time to start and yes 8 or 9 is too young to wear makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • late middle school for stuff like mascara or eyeshadow. Highschool or ideally never for foundation

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 years old is definitely too young, I started wearing light makeup when I was in grade 9.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree - 8 or 9 is too young! I started wearing make-up when I was 13. The rule was, once I was a teenager, I could start wearing make-up.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, probably around high school or so

0|0
    0|0