Friends/family wearing and damaging my cloth, what should I do?

I have a unique and expensive taste in cloth, so when my friends or brother goes out on a date or special occasion they wear some of the cloth that I own. I'm okay with that as long as it's not something that I bought very recent. But today my brother took my brand new jeans that I bought two days ago for $782.57 and he wore it with out my consent. That was okay I guess, but later I saw that he was helping his friend fix his car with my brand new jeans! He got the knees of jeans dirty too. It has a very unique material and it looks different after it's washed. Obviously I have to wash it now, so I won't be able to wear them :( what should I do? I'm tired of people messing up my cloth and using up my colognes. My brother uses MY Clive Christines No.1 cologne daily, I don't even do that! How can I nicely tell them not to wear and use my colognes? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you need to set boundaries. It's great to share your clothes with your brother but if he isn't going to appreciate it i.e. take care of your clothes, then you stop lending him. Seriously, it's your choice to share. It is definitely not an obligation. Tell him you won't lend him any clothes anymore and explain the reason calmly.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell them, explain that they should at least ASK before using your stuff. Tell them how much it costs and that you would gladly lend your stuff so long as they take care of it. I'm sure they will understand.

If they don't stop, hide your stuff.

• Tell them when they can and when they can't borrow your stuff

• 800$ jeans... wow...

i guess you will have to say it. no other way out...or just lock your stuffs

• Cloth or clothes?

What Guys Said 2

• $782 for a pair of jeans you can not wear after it has been washed !?

YOU MUST EITHER BE VERY RICH OR F***ING NUTS !

• How about not spending so much on clothes ? I mean, 800 bucks for jeans... Really looks like throwing money out of the windows.