Why does he care so much about what I wear?

I don't dress very provocative or revealing. Mostly I just wear jeans and a shirt or a dress that ends a bit above the knees. But my boyfriend makes a huge deal out of this. He says I shouldn't wear jeans at all, only skirts and they should be much longer and he can get really annoying.

I met his friends last week for the first time and he said they were all staring at me the whole time. I think he's a bit paranoid, but even if they did, it's not my fault, I dress the way I always did and he met me that way, I don't get why he wants that to change now

Most Helpful Guy

• Well...there are always 2 sides to this short of story. Like, he seems too jealous or too conservative and you're not, or he's either very insecure and you don't understand why, or maybe the jeans you wear are super tight and give you a perfect ass, and your t*ts look like OMG with that shirt. Know what I mean?

I don't see anything wrong on jeans + a tee or a shirt anyway. If you consider you're dressing appropriately and others agree, then he's the one that needs to review his attitude. Explain to him that this is no longer the 1800, and that you're allowed to use whatever you want to and he should know better :)

What Guys Said 4

• Honestly...

...

...your boyfriend is too controlling.

Are you his first girlfriend?

• yes I am, how did you know?

• You can still listening or you tell him the reason why you can't dress like that.

• It's hard to have other dudes mentally undressing your hot girlfriend. But that's the world we live in...he needs to get over it.

• Why is he your boyfriend, again? He seems to be rather self-centered and I do not think he appreciates your worth as a person, but I might be wrong of course.

What Girls Said 2

• ugh he sounds too controlling. I wouldn't be okay with that. it sounds like you are wearing normal clothing

• I think your boyfriend has unrealistic expectations. I don't have any friends who never wear jeans. If you want to wear jeans, do it. He can't tell you what to wear. I don't understand what his problem is. Does he come from a different background?