How much should you spend for a pair of jeans?

The kind that fits nicely, you can wear often, and doesn't wear out easily

Most Helpful Girl

• My favorite pair of jeans was ironically $20 (great quality, really comfortable, and they've last forever in great shape). Usually I try to stick to $50 or under, but when I really want to pay for quality I have no problem dropping $89-100. But anything beyond that is just too much for me for one pair of jeans.

Most of the girls I know of though tend to spend at minimum $100 and anywhere up to $400 or 500; which I think is definitely a bit too far. One of my best friends loves to shop at thrift stores and usually spends $10-15 dollars on jeans and as far as I can tell, they always look great on her and seem pretty comfortable. I guess it's just dependent on the individual.

What Guys Said 4

• Well... I generally avoid buying jeans for more than fifteen pounds, ahahah. I normally buy from charity shops and vintage shops and so on, where everythings really cheap and exactly within my fashion sense, which is great. But I did almost buy a pair of jeans for sixty pounds at French Connection. I ordered them, everything, but they were out of stock. Now, sixty pounds isn't a great deal to a lot of people, but it's f***ing hugely extortionate to me, and I always thought it was ridiculous to spent that amount of money, but there was something intoxicating about spending that much on a pair of jeans, and having a name brand, and everything. I dug it a lot, I really did. So, I can totally understand people paying really extreme amounts for jeans. I think you should spend as much as you can afford, really. As long as it doesn't put you out of pocket, ahahaha.

I'd make a Jean Genie joke there but no one would get it. [snickers]

• 15-20 bucks: link

• Most of my jeans are $50-75. I see them for $200 occassionally but never sure who actually buys them.

• Depends. I have 8 pairs of the same jean, but they are in different stages of wear, so they look different. They're Levis and they're amazing. I've never spent more than $25 on a pair. I bought all of them 3 years ago and they still work perfectly.

What Girls Said 9

• I think most jeans over $100 are too pricey, unless you can find a deal on them, and they aren't so worth the money.

I think you can get away with spending $60 and get a great pair. You want a pair that fits you appropriately and won't shrink and ones that will last you a long time.

The thing with jeans, is you really do get what you pay for. Several companies may all get their denim from one place, but they make their jeans for a particular price point which means if you buy cheap jeans, you are getting cheap jeans. I've seen some $20 target jeans last for years, so its doable, but its one of those things, don't be surprised when your cheap jeans fall apart.

• My personal budget is no more than $25, but I'm really thinking of dropping about $60 for a pair of fitted Levi's...

• I spend $20 on my favorite jeans, they're the only ones I've bought recently because they're really stretchy and they fit me well. Before I found those, I used to pay $45 for pretty good jeans. I can't imagine paying much more than that.

• I can usually only get a good pair for 80-100 bucks, but I've found one pair that was good for only 40. depends on what you find 'good quality'.

• My favorite pairs tend to usually cost only $25. But I could be okay with buying a good pair for $60, no more though.

• The highest I'll go is about $50 + some kind of sale thing so hopefully they're even cheaper than that.(:

Ironically I only have two pairs of jeans. My school has a dress code where I have to wear khakis everyday so there's no point in me having more right now.

Imo, American Eagle jeans are really flattering, and mine have lasted a long time. I love the way they fit me, so maybe check those out.(: link

• I prefer to spend less than 40...well 40 tops

• You can get 100 dollar jeans for 20. You just have to know how to shop. You can find really good quality jeans on clearance for 10.99 at macys sometimes! The impulse department. You can go online and sometimes the sales are really great! Sometimes 49.99 dollar jeans drop to 29.99 at American Eagle. Shop around! I wouldn't spen anymore the 40 on a pair of jeans though.

• I would say about $60.00 your getting a good pair of jeans that way that will probably last you for awhile