What should I wear on this first date? And what does it mean that she will wear something nice?

I am going on a double date this coming Friday evening with an amazing girl! She and I have been texting, calling, and Skyping for the last week while getting to know each other. We are both Christians and are thinking about getting together. We met online and are meeting in Atlanta. She says she will wear something nice and that's all she will tell me. A surprise? Maybe? But the real question is, what should I wear? I am not a skater, or any "type" of person. Just a guy who wears what anyone else would wear on a first date, only... What would someone like myself wear on a first date? Ladies, your answers are much appreciated and guys, let me know what's up!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I live in socal and the weather is pretty nice here...so maybe a nice pair of shorts and a collared shirt. I guess if it is cold you could wear dressy pants and a collared shirt. Wear something you would wear to church, fancy, yet not over the top formal, and at the same time not casual. She will most likely wear a dress and heels

• Ya, I live near Atlanta so it's little cold here now. Thanks for the input! No jeans and nice shirt? I should put pics up..

• that would be nice too! dark wash jeans and a long sleeve collared shirt! honestly as long as you aren't dressed like you don't care you should be set, don't be too dressed up though, be yourself & don't force it! you look like a cute guy I'm sure she will be impressed in whatever you wear!

What Girls Said 9

• She's going to make an effort - at least some sort. She won't be turning up in something she'd wear everyday - but at the same time she's not going to be glammed up to the nines.

You two already get along so there's no need to worry too much about what you wear - just make yourself presentable. NICE jeans - dark and crisp cut, or dress pants. And a button down shirt. Something that you'll feel comfortable in is the most important thing - you won't be able to relax properly if you're not happy with what you've got on.

Just avoid shorts and polo t-shirts - I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge problem, but every girl like a guy who looks like he's put in a bit of an effort; so there's no need for a tie or anything too formal - but enough so it doesn't look like you're just hanging out with the guys.

You're a cute guy - I'm sure she'll find you attractive no matter what you wear.

• She's saying that she's going to dress nice and presentable, not in jeans and a tee shirt. So I suggest you stay away from the too casual. I suggest you wear nice dress pants and a button up shirt of a solid color (I see you in black) or you can wear a pair of NICE dark denim jeans.

• Ooh I got this. Wear a nice black shirt button up with a tie and dress pants. Make the tie some bold color like green or blue. Wait what kind of restaurant are you going to?

• Ok, why so bold of colors? Not sure about the restaurant yet?

• Well if you're wearing a black shirt, you want to make sure your tie isn't black too esp if you're wearing black pants or its just too much dark colors. But I think it looks so sleek and nice to wear a nice black button up. Other colors would be fine too, just not white. That makes me think some guy who has an office job who should have a blazer on.

• Nice jeans (darker jeans are nice) and a collared button up shirt (long sleeve). It's a nice look for a first date. You don't need to dress "business casual" with khakis - you're not going to a work meeting or golfing (unless your date is at the driving range).

• Nice jeans, long sleeve button down and decent shoes (even decent sneakers). That outfit is nice enough to go into a nice restaurant, but it also just looks put together and is appropriate no matter what you do.

• hey you can wear nice black shirt button up with jeans or go casual and all you need to do is be yourself after you dress up. take a good look at yourself and let it flow.

• Well, what is the setting for the date?

• Honestly, just wear something that you're comfortable in and is already in your closet. You have to be yourself. If you have a pair of nice jeans, pair that with a button down shirt. If you are a little off beat or just want to show personality beyond the typical guy wardrobe, add a funky belt buckle or chucks or something that you like & is just fun. I once had a guy show up in nice jeans, a button down under a nice sweater & then he had chucks on. It fit his personality perfectly - pretty classic, but had a fun twist, just like him. You're a cute guy, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck, have fun & God bless! :)

• khakis and a dress shirt maybe?

What Guys Said 2

• I'd maybe go with dark jeans, no holes, black tennis shoes, nothing flashy, and a black sweater. Wear a nice belt, black with a simple silver belt buckle.

If it's a nicer place, or if you feel like it, I'd also go with still dark jeans, comfortable dress shoes (not tux shoes but classy) and a solid color button down over a black undershirt, leave a few buttons undone at the top. Same belt as before.

If you feel like really classing it up, tuck it in and throw on a vest and/or skinny black tie.

• Depends on what you're doing. If you're getting together at a restaurant or bar for drinks, you can't go wrong with nice jeans, casual button down shirt and dress shoes (or clean pair of sneakers). If it's for something a little more laid back, in this weather I'll go for a graphic shirt and blazer-lets the personality out a little more while still looking nice. It's a total judgement call on your end depending on the impression you're getting for how the evening will go.