What is the line between seductive and slutty?

I work damn hard to have the body I have and when me and my boyfriend go out I like to show a little boob or maybe some leg or tight on the booty pants. My goal is not to look slutty but I do want to look sexy for my man. I mean lets face it girls, if your man is not looking and thinking about you then he IS looking and thinking about some other girl. Why work so hard to just have a great body in the bedroom. What is to far tho. Can you look sexy and show some skin with out being slutty? Its like damned if you do damned if you don't kinda thing. What is line between looking sexy and looking slutty?

Most Helpful Guy

• A few rules:

1. Leg, midriff, or cleavage. Pick one to show off and cover the rest. If it's summer you can get away with two because of the way midriff revealing clothes are "in" when it's hot out, but that's the only exception.

2. If your body really is all that, you don't need to call even more attention to it with bright colors. When you do, that just makes you look sleazy. Your body can do the talking on its own.

And remember, different guys will have different opinions on this. Some guys will regard it as sexy and others will regard it as slutty. With other girls, they tend to call lots of things slutty on certain body shapes. I've seen very fine, classy outfits that girls with other body shapes got lots of compliments on, but put this outfit on a girl with a proper hourglass figure with curves in the right places and girls will call her skank and slut left and right.

Based on this and a few of your other questions, I'd say you're something of an exhibitionist. Because of that you will have a very hard time NOT coming off as slutty just due to your exhibitionist nature.

What Guys Said 9

• There's no 'line' between them. It's all in what you do! If you're sleeping with Don Trump or anyone similar, well, that's slutty! As far as looks go, if you show a lot of skin but treat guys mean who respond to what they see, that is a signal that only Don and his friends need apply, so to speak. Be prepared to flirt a lot in a friendly way if you want to be onsidered sexy, but not slutty.

• I'd say that you don't need to show skin to look sexy. It's like a mini skirt versus skinny jeans. In my opinion, the skirt is definitely "sluttier" than the jeans; but the jeans actually show off your body more than the skirt. Just things like that. Use good judgement and above all: keep it classy.

• Sluts appropriate anything sexy.

You're not a slut unless you act like a slut. Dressing like one and being draped all over your boyfriend makes you a hot little sex bomb, not a slut. Dressing like one and banging your bf's friend in the bathroom makes you a slut.

• I say...wear one of the two styles:

1) tight-fitting clothing

2) skin-revealing clothing (mid-driffs, booty shorts, lots-o-clevage)

If BOTH are done, then that looks slutty.

Doing on or the other is just enough sexy to not be slutty. :)

• i hate that there is a negative connotation to slut.

its only "slutty" I guess if you are doing this with every guy you meet. Not that I think its bad tho, considering I prefer viewing women as open with their sexuality as possible.

What your doing right now is seductive. But remember, guys want a slut in the bedroom ;]

• What am I doing right now that is seductive?

• what you just said. "show a little boob or maybe some leg or tight on the booty pants"

• I wouldn't consider what a woman wears as slutty... I may think it inappropriate for a place or occasion depending on the time, place, circumstance and people around.
    Sexy is more to do with the attitude of the woman... if she is confident in her own sexuality and looks, and carries herself with pride and not a need to show everything... leaving something to the imagination is good

• HAHAHA! "Seductive" is when I find her attractive and "slutty" is when I do not...(:

• you look seductive in your photos and not slutty if that helps

• seductive is like when you are in your or his house when your boobs might be spilling out, but slutty is like being in public and letting other people see your boobs spilling out, or at least that is what my friend told me. personally I don't believe in people being slutty every one chooses to do thier own thing and they shouldn't be judged because of it.

What Girls Said 7

• for me slutty look is cheap look. link

and sexi look is more sophisticated. link

• We all have different thoughts on what looks slutty and seductive. Seductive would be curls, smokey eye, and a mid-thigh spaghetti strapped dress. A little cleavage is good, if more than a crack is showing, it's too low. Keep things mysterious, which sounds seductive.

Slutty is showing every body part and a bunch of make-up. You shouldn't need all this to impress one man. By wearing this stuff, other men but your boyfriend are looking at you, which can kill the night when he sees men staring you down.

• i agree with belby. slutty looks cheap, trashy and common. seductive is stylish and more upscale.

• people have different ideas of slutty and sexy line, so decide what works for you and stick with it.

My go to rule when I'm unsure about an outfit is to choose to either show off the boobs or the legs, but not both. As in, I'll wear a really short dress, but make sure the neck line is higher, or that it has long sleeves. Or, I'll wear a booby shirt with pants.

On top of that, the cloths should fit well. Not too tight, not showing bra straps, panty lines, ect.

• seductive is like an adverb, applies to a specific situation or event involving a specific person of interest where the person seduces the person they have feelings for into a romantic evening

slutty is an adjective of general terms and an overall characteristic/personality trait applying to a woman who has a reputation involving a history of inappropriate behavior, sex and infinite number of men.

• two rules. One, tight over revealing. Two, only flaunt one body part when it comes to skin. Don't show a lot of leg and cleavage at the same time. Etc.

A short (as long as it is around mid thigh) tight skirt with a tight shirt that has a high neckline is sexy. It shows off your shape but you are only revealing one part, keeping the rest covered, and flaunting your shape.this is a good example

• To look sexy and not slutty only show off one body part at a time. Wanna show off long legs? Balance short shorts or hem lengths with a non-revealing top. Wanna show some back? Cover your chest and wear moderate bottoms.

Follow the principle of balance for any body part you wish to accentuate.