Anyone have advice on looking too young?

Ok so I swear I am not bragging..I am single at 33 years old and I am independant..hardworking..intellegent and attractive.I can't find anyone to date my age why? I look like I am aroung 17 or 18 years old.When guys hit on me, thier either way too young or really old perverts who want a really young girl..Most of the men who seem intersted in me are either between 18 an 25 or 50+...I want someone my age or a little close around 30-36..When I wear make up I look even younger.sure it will be great when I'm In my 50's but for now I hate it!

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, believe me, I share your pain. I just turned twenty-one yet could easily throw on my old school uniform and pass for a fourteen year-old. Being short and having a "baby face" doesn't help.

Save with expensive plastic surgery, you can't really change your physical appearance much beyond a new haircut and maybe a bit of make-up. So what can you change? Your clothing. It plays just as big a role in projecting yourself to the world as anything. If you can't look your age naturally, then the only option left is for you to DRESS your age. If you dress like a twenty year-old people will treat you like a twenty year-old, but if you look more classy and put together then people automatically put you on a higher pedestal. Leave the flaky younger fashions behind and embrace the timeless styles instead, and you should do fine.

Hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think its just your looks.

Young guys think you're a cougar and fun to hook up with.

Older guys think you look hot.

Guys your age don't date women their own age. They date 25 year olds. The women their age too often want to get married and have kids ASAP.

• Well, check out good looking guys your age, like me! In your position, you will have to approach them, even if it's against 'the rules.' Really good men won't mind you breaking the 'rules.'

• Embrace it :)

if you wanna look older fast , try chain smoking ;D

guess you can change a lot by the way you dress like anonymous girl said ...

• Looking young is not your problem.

• cant see you but I would say that if you look like you say then its not surprising that men of ALL ages are hitting on you ...so take your pick , you should be so lucky hahahah

• be happy as you are and excepte your self as you look and be patiente and give chances to guys be open (not legs open)and your prince will come they all do :D.

• Grow a mustache. I will make you look older ;)

What Girls Said 3

• My gym teacher actually has this problem! She's 32 and looks about 14! She does look older when she pulls her hair back, you could try that. And wear more mature clothes, like blazers, longer pencil skirts, slacks. Basically a teachers wardrobe. If you're really desperate, you could draw little wrinkles on your face (: You could also carry yourself differently, like you have wisdom all about you! That's how I can tell someone is older and wise. :3 Good luck!

• I could've written this post!

I'm in the same boat and I HATE it. I'm 41 but look like I'm 25-30. lol and like you said,I'll enjoy it later when I'm/you're 50,but come on,this sucks!

We should talk!:)

• thank god someone who knows what I'm talking about!lol

• Dress like someone in their late twenties. I don't know how you dress, but a conservative, pulled together style will insinuate age and maturity. Check out Kate Middleton's wardrobe. Also, your looks might not have as much to do with your dating dilemmas as the fact that people are in a stage at their thirties where many people are married or recently divorced and not looking. Teens/twenties and middle age is where the most singles dwell. Dating is a numbers game... It may take a bit longer to find someone in your preferred age range, as there are fewer singletons out there than at other ages. Consider dating a good guy in his late twenties, though ... they are often looking to settle down. Most guys don't care what age you are as much as they care about what you look like and 5 years in either direction really doesn't matter so much.