How can a girl go from ugly to pretty?

I'm ugly and I want to be pretty. I never get checked out or even a 2nd look. Cute guys never talk to me, they even avoid me, and the only time I get hit on by anyone ever is when the guy is desperate. I used to be called ugly when I was younger but now people don't say anything about me. I know they think it though. I look *okay* when I spend hours getting ready for a formal event but I obviously can't do that every day. When I look normal I look rough. So you can see what my problem is! I was hoping you guys could give me ideas on how I can improve my looks so I can be beautiful once and for all. Be very honest with me because I can't improve if I don't know the truth.

I just wear eye shadow, eye liner and mascara occasionally on special occassions. For everyday I wear mascara and eye liner and lipbalm. I don't know how to apply anything else so I don't wear foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer or things like that.

I have a dark brown eyes and hair and deep tan skin (Halle Berry in the summer, JLo in the winter)

The negatives I know I have is that I'm fat. I can change this through exercise and eating better. I go to school full time and work 2 jobs so it's hard for me to eat good food, it's so easy to get something fast.

I'm also tall. I don't know if this is a bad thing but it seems guys like short girls more.

I have frizzy dark brown hair that is hard to manage (my grandparents are black and have very coarse hair)

The positives are I gain most of my weight in my boobs and butt so I always look like an hourglass, I don't look as ugly when I wear makeup. So I guess that means my face isn't what makes or breaks me.

I have good clear skin- no blemishes or acne. The occasional pimple but nothing severe.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously you know you can get into shape so join a sport or take some dance classes! a lot of gyms are 24 hours so even if its 15 minutes ever other day, do it!

Besides your weight, it's all about how you carry yourself and put yourself together. I know plenty of bigger and taller girls that are in great relationships and also plenty of gorgeous girls that never can get a guy. Be confident in the way you stand and walk. When you talk to someone, say things confidently.

Your skin tone is what most people want so use that to your advantage! There are plenty of makeup and hair tutorials on Youtube and if you need more help there are plenty of department stores and salons that can teach you how to put on simple everyday makeup.

Definitely dress well, you can find cheap, name brand clothes at resale shops and places like TJ Max and Marshall's so that you can dress to impress everyday!

What Guys Said 4

• Well, its hard to give an answer without knowing what you look like, but here are a few points.

1: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. People have different kinds of hot. Some like curvy girls more that skinny girls, some like blond rather than brunette, hell, if there are people that find FEET sexy, there is someone for you.

2: Be out going. I can honestly say that even though girls aren't "magazine" hot, if you still have a pretty face and are really enthusiastic, especially flirty. Make a few funny sex jokes too. that's hot. I wouldn't care if she's 180, if she can be really flirtatious and funny, that's sexy. You'd have guys fantasizing.

3. Make the first move, and if the guy isn't into it, move on. Don't look to have a "relationship". Look to have fun. Enjoy yourself. THEN see if you want a relationship. Trust me, a lot of guys hate games. Just be straight forward.

• I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't want to be one of those ugly chicks with a good personality that a man would have to rationalize why he's with me. You know what I mean? And I'm also not into being the overbearing desperate girl who has to push herself onto a guy in hopes someone will bite. I want to be an attractive girl.

• Weight matters a lot. More then whether you use eye shadow.

• This. Eating fast is easy, losing weight and eating well is not. ^This would also be my first piece of advice.

• I'll also point out that by my age, tons of women are fat. Those that are in good shape are generally considered attractive, even if they weren't natural beauties. Your competition will be fat.

• ya ain't ugly and nice writing skills.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 7

• photos necessary.

• first of all...girl...Don't knock yourself...If you think you're fat, well, then you're fat...Be yourself...thats something that you have to dig deep and feel around...find YOU...you gotta be happy with yourself, if you ever expect anyone to be happy with you...its called SELF ESTEEM...and anyone who would call you ugly...is small and a very insecure person...Anyone who puts someone else down,without any care of hurting the person, or worse, intentionally demeans, makes fun of, or ridicules just to make themselves "feel" bigger,/better...have major issues...and more than likely,dont have much,if any...self esteem...or self worth...so, don't be listenin to people who are sayin your this or that...and more so...dont be hearin em, and portraying what they have said...if you feel good about yourself...it shows...if you feel ugly and fat...it shows...so why not accept yourself...for all that you are...YOU ARE THE ONLY YOU...IN ALL OF TIME...AN INDIVIDUAL.I have on my fridge, a cute chicky...caption reads...I DONT SKINNY DIP..I CHUNKY DUNK...LOL...LIKE,LOVE, AND BE HAPPY WITH WHO YOU ARE...AND WATCH THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU, LIKE LOVE AND BE HAPPY WITH YOU,JUST AS YOU ARE...IVE BEEN SKINNY, IVE BEEN FAT...BUT THE ONE THING THAT DOESNT CHANGE...IS ME...IM STILL THE FAT GIRL WHEN SKINNY, THE SKINNY GIRL WHEN FAT...IF YOU ACT LIKE YOU ALL THAT...THEN YOU ALL THAT.. DO YA HEAR ME GIRL?IF YA DONT LIKE YOUR HAIR BEIN FRIZZY, STRAIGHTEN IT...EASY...IF YA WANT IT LIGHTER, LIGHTEN IT..AND AS FOR MAKE-UP...IT DOES TRANSFORM A PERSON...BUT, IT DOESNT HIDE WHO YOU ARE...IF YOU HAPPY, AND ALA NATURALE/OR WEARIN SOME MAKE-UP...YOUR STILL THE SAME BEAUTIFUL PERSON ...IF YOUR A MEAN HATEFUL PERSON, WHO IS WEARIN MAKE-UP...YOU BE FAKE...AND IT SELDOM HIDES THE UGLY OF THE PERSON...THE ONLY THING THAT ANYONE NEEDS TO CHANGE...IN THIS WHOLE WIDE WORLD...IS THEIR ATTITUDE...IF YOU WANNA LEARN TO APPLY MAKE UP...GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE...THEY WILL GIVE You FREE TIPS AND EDUCATE YOU ON THE DO'S AND THE DONT'S...(AN NO You DONT GOTTA BUY THEIR OVERPRICED PRODUCTS)OR TRY A BEAUTY SCHOOL...THEY HAVE REQUIREMENTS THEY HAVE TO MEET...AND OFTEN ARE HAPPY TO SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF BEAUTY /AS IT MAKES YA LOOK&FEEL GOOD...AND THATS WHAT THEY DO...AND OFTEN WHY THEY DO IT...SO, IF YOU WANNA BE PRETTY...THEN YOU GOTTA BELIEVE IN YOURSELF...EVEN WHEN YA TORE UP FROM THE FLOOR UP...BEING A GOOD PERSON,KIND, CARING...AND KNOWING BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP...MAKES YOU NOT ONLY PRETTY...BUT BEAUTIFUL...CHANGE HOW YOU SEE YOURSELF...AND WATCH AS OTHERS CHANGE HOW YOU SEE THEM,SEE YOU...GOD BLESS YOU DARLING...IF YOU THINK You CAN...U WILL...IF YOU THINK YOU CANT...MORE THAN LIKELY...U WONT..SO SMILE, AND BE HAPPY YOU ARE A SMART, HARD WORKING TALL BBW (BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN)AN NEVER FORGET,NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF, WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.SO BELIEVE IN "YOU" /ITS "YOUR" LIFE/DONT WASTE IT TRYIN TO BE SOMEBODY ELSE. ..

• You need to be confident in yourself and instead of pointing out the things that seem negative about your image, look in the mirror and see what features you have that are beautiful. Also, wearing pretty, natural looking makeup more often can really help accentuate your natural beauty. As for clothes, obviously try wearing things that flatter your figure. For your hair, you can try styling it in different ways than usual and it might surprise you. In a good way :) And self image starts in the mind, so don't put yourself down and love being you!

• if you posted a pic it would be very helpful

• Pics or can't give a definitive answer. Most girls who think they're ugly aren't.

• Trust me when I say I am ugly though. I'm very realistic what league I'm in

• Well, I don't know what you look like, and since beauty is subjective all I can say is your best bet is to lose weight.

• thats funnny because...I used to actually get called ugly when I was younger now I'm like one of the top hottest girls in my school.

How did this happen? its simple: eye makeup. (well also growth spurt, since people get prettier naturally when they get older)

for me, for my facial features, eye makeup complements my looks alot. I promise you I don't put a lot but I don't put little either. I don't just wear a basic thin line.

I think the reason why eye makeup really makes me look 10x better is because I have a dark, exotic look (golden skin tone, brown eyes, dark brown hair) and it just makes my eyes look VERY big...a lot of guys complement me on my big round eyes...

and if you remove all that eye makeup, my eyes are actually pretty small. weird right? its crazy what makeup can do...and hide.

the main why my eye makeup really works is the fact that always I draw a winged eye. Its not all long and dramatic at all. Its short yet not thin where its not visible.

im telling you, putting a winged eye look CAN make a dramatic difference and it will make your eyes bigger, while just wearing normal eye liner that doesn't stretch beyond the eye probably won't make make eyes look as big and nice. During my Freshman year, when I would just wear the normal dose of eye liner I was often considered "cute" then when I started to gradually begin changing up my makeup routine people kept calling me "hot" and "sexy"...weird right?

I'm just telling you from my experience for this small tip actually made a dramatic difference on my attractiveness level, but that's just me, it really depends on your natural features; but I hope you will utilize my tips so you can try it yourself...

so bottom line: if your already using eyeliner, start by added a winged eye as it may give you a little unf and make you look slightly better. I'm not claiming it will make you look pretty FOR SURE, but it may somewhat help with your appearance issues :)

good luck

give me feedback and let me know how it works out!

• oh wow...i just realized this was written 9 months ago

• Honey I used to be in the same boat as you, I always felt I was ugly. I started trying new things with my makeup routine. If you don't want to wear a lot of makeup then I'd suggest jsut wearing maybe concealer if you need it for spots or dark circles and using it as a highlighter (above and below cheek bones) as well as the eye makeup you use. One thing people tend to neglect though is the eyebrows. They can really make a difference to someones face - they can open the eyes more, create the illusion of more angles and generally they shape the face. So make sure to take care of them by plucking where necessary and shaping, maybe consider using a light eyebrow pencil if, like me yours are kinda full of gaps. As for hair I suggest maybe straightening it as it helps get rid of some of my frizz and just using conditioner and maybe some gloss. Basically I recommend: concealer, taking care of your eyebrows and taking care of your hair. Making sure your diet is decent is also important ie make sure you drink plenty of water.

Essentially though, while this may make some improvement, the thing you really need to work on is your self esteem. You could be the most beautiful girl in the world, yet with no confidence people will be put off, and you appear less attractive. Focus on the positives you identified.

You've got an hourglass figure. The figure most girls would kill for. So work it. Wear clothes to flatter it- cinch in your waist and show off your great boobs or your great butt.

You've got clear skin- show it off. Wear your hair up and show off your face instead of hiding behind it. Show a little skin elsewhere- legs/back/neck/chest.

Good luck!