Ladies: Would you date a man shorter than you if he was really buff?

I always hear women say that they would never date a man shorter than them, that they'd rather be tortured and water boarded than have to go a date with a man short than them, blah blah, blah...

But I was wondering...what if the guy was really buff? Hence the question.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
  • Just checkin' answers
Thanks for your answers, everyone. I'm 5'10" and was trying to see if I'd have a shot with a woman who was 5'11 or 6'0". I'm not really buff, however I can change that, whereas I cannot change my height.
Judging by the answers, I would most likely NOT have a shot. :( Oh, well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone who says no is shallow. Actually, anyone who cares if they are buff or not or short or not is shallow imo.

What Girls Said 28

• Ha. I wouldn't care if he was buff or not. I dated two shorter men. I am 5'11. One was 5'8 and the other 5'9. They were extremely nice too. It doesn't matter to me. Height is such a shallow thing to look at when dating. I look at personality.

• well, (my true story) I've met a guy on the mall once (he was some store employee) and I've noticed he checked me out every time I got there. he was really cute - light green eyes, curly light brown hair and a bit chubby too - so, I asked for his phone number... we set a date... but the only thing I haven't noticed was that they have a kind of a step were the employees stand to serve the customers... so when I saw him it was a bit disappointing... I always thought he would be around 5'10ft but he was actually as short as me (5'3ft) and that plus some personality traits of him didn't let it work out.

so, I can't say that I won't date a guy shorter than me because I know some really cute ones. but men aren't meant to be cute and make us want to hug them like a teddy bear. I want a guy who can (at least with his size) show he can protect me.

• Right on the money

• @kady4e...

What were his bad personality traits?

• he is irresponsible, talks too much, likes dangerous things (like do stupid stuff with motos) and he is too explosive... plus... he acted like this... link

• 5'10'' is decently tall, and that's hardly any difference! Don't worry about it so much, height really isn't as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. If everything else is there, what's a couple of inches height difference.

And, for me at any rate, buffness does NOT need to compensate height. Over buffness is to me at any rate more of a turn off than shortness (and 5'10'' isn't even short)

• Height has never really been a major factor for me, I know some girls are crazy over someone tall, but I think there's a lot more important stuff than who can reach the top shelf (although I wouldn't want to feel huge/oversized in comparison) A short guy can be just as cute/attractive as a tall guy, and personality is the real winner.

• Uh no. I'm barely over 5'2, so no, I wouldn't date a shorter guy.

Call me shallow, call me superficial, at the end of the way we ALL have preferences/standards be it height, weight, race, level of intelligence or whatever.

• I think if being a buff makes a difference to her, she'll care about his height too. Neither matter to me. I want someone who gets along with me, shares similar values, and takes care of themselves. I will care if they don't shower, but their height isn't something they can control.

• I have already and although it worked out for a few months, things fizzled (nothing do do with height lol)

But I wouldn't date someone shorter than me again (even if he were buff) because I prefer someone taller. I'm already 5'7 & sometimes I like wearing heels so yea=/

• So since you are so adverse to dating a shorter guy, what made you date your ex who was shorter than you?

• Really people would rather under go waterboarding than date a shorter guy LOL I highly doubt it. I am 5'8 and I don't have a problem dating guys who are an inch or two shorter. It really isn't whether or not a guy is buff but his personality that will win me over.

• You really shouldn't care if a woman says you are short and that she wouldn't date you. As far as I know its more important for you to stay who you are than you think about your height. Its highly superficial and superficial people get hung up on things that really don't matter. That's not the type of person you should be interested in. Everyone has their life partner/ soul mate whatever it is you want to call it, don't let your height hold you back from you being yourself.

• Well I'm 5'3 so I'm short as it is but I don't think I'd mind dating someone shorter than me. It doesn't really matter if he's buff or not, if he has a great personality and I get on well with him then it's all good :)

• i don't really care about buffness just as long as you're not fat.And I would date a guy shorter then me because at our school couple of the hottest guys are shorter than me.

• I don't care about a guy being buff for one. And second of all I'm 5'2 like a user said below and there are not many guys my age or older than me that are shorter than me. I met one, his name was Dusty... and he was a leprechaun.

• Maybe. It depends on personality and chemistry. I like to be picked up, so if he can do that, then we're good,

• no I wouldn't.. height's kinda an issue for me.. just personally.. but I'm sure there are plenty of girls who don't give a crying monkey's butt about height.

• I don't give a crying monkey's butt about it (:

• Why is height kind of an issue for you?

• 1.. pressure.. I have tall sisters and they all are either married are r engaged to guy shorter then them.. I'm the last girl so its kinda up to me to break the "short guy" trend.. plus short guys don't really attract me very much.. I'm a bit above av. and I like to wear heels.. its awkward to be taller then guys for me.. I just done like the feelign of it..

• Yes I would date a shorter guy if he wasn't too short. I'm 5,10" and a lot of guys are shorter than me so I kinda have to deal with it. Sometimes it's the guy that have a problem of being shorter. I used to date this guy who was 3 centimeters shorter than me and he was not comfortable with that. I don't think it matters as long it's not too big of a difference between the girl and the guy-

• Well I'm already 5'7 so probably not though I like a guy that's A's tall A's me though I might become taller because I haven't stopped growing. So yeah basically apprearance is not that important but if he's shorter than me it's pretty bad :/ sorry but its really awkward if the girls taller.

• "but if he's shorter than me it's pretty bad..."

How much shorter?

• I don't think it matters if she's like an inch taller because you can't really tell the difference but if she's like three inches or more than yea it'd kind of weird.

• I don't care much of the guy's physical appearance whether he's tall or buff. What I care about is if we're compatible and we understand each other. So I don't mind if he's shorter than me and even if he's not buff.

• No the main reason is I'm 4'10.5 so he's be really short if he's shorter then me iv never dated a guy under 6 foot, my husband is the shortest and he's pretty short for a guy he's 5'6

• I did date a guy shorter than me, and even though he was on the chubby side, I always felt massive compared to him, despite the fact that I was actually skinny. I'm not into either short or buff guys, so no.

• It depends on so much more than just physical attributes as to whether I am attracted to someone.

• If he was just my height or a tiny bit smaller than me, I would. But a man that is significantly smaller than me is just less attractive, being buff doesn't help much

• I am 5'2" I don't think I will.

• yeah I agree... I'm barley 5'2" so if he were any shorter it would be really weird... I've never met a guy my age or older who was shorter than me...

• Same here I'm also 5'2.

• Yeah we're short enough, dating shorter than us would be awkward.

• nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuure?

• Not into buff guys.

• it would be hard to find a guy shorter then me. I would rather he be a bit taller. But if we get along really well then I don't see why not.

• No. But it depends from girl to girl. I think the guy should be taller, but that's just me.

• i know lots of girls who date guys shorter than them.

One of my friends is 5'10" and her boyfriend is 5'0"

Another friend is 6'0" and her boyfriend is 5'5"

• Height hasn't been that big of a deal breaker to me. I'm 5'6 and have dated guys around my height. For a guy to be shorter than me, he'd have to be pretty short ... I don't encounter this too often, so its hard for me to say. There would be a lot of other factors for me to decide, like does he make me laugh, is he a decent guy, does he share some of the same viewpoints as me, etc.

• No I wouldn't date a shorter buff guy, it looks strange on a short guy link

• But if he has a great,personality I would make an exception but I'm 5'9"

What Guys Said 1

• I have known girls who have dated this kind of guy if it counts.