Guys, tattoo to cover a scar (on girl) -- yay or nay?

I have been seriously considering getting a tattoo to cover a scar on my upper stomach that I got from a surgery when I was little. The problem is I am very aware of how permanent it would be and wonder if it would be a deal breaker with a lot of men... I would like to think that if they loved me they would not care but I can't help but be a bit paranoid.

I personally really enjoy tattoos (on others) but did not think it was for me until I realized that there was no way to fade my scar anymore then I have already. I have tried it all and even gone to a specialist begging for stronger creams, laser, anything but he very clearly told me that there was nothing more I could do. I really despise that scar and though I think I have a nice stomach I am self conscious to wear bikinis and such because of it.

It would have to be tasteful not trashy. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• yay it is good Idea, it's a great reason to get a tattoo :)

In fact I might get one to hide my scar on my chest.

But I need to do a lot of thinking and make sure it is original.

go for it :)

just make sure you think about it alot

and that it's original and means something to you,

and has to do with you. and looks good and symmetrical

What Guys Said 7

• tattoos are like scars but with a less interesting story

just keep the scar , it's better than any tat

• Scars on girls are cool, keep the scar, don't try and cover it.

• No tattoo, I will love your scar

• Well as long as you did it for your own sake and not mine, because I wouldn't mind it.

• I would rather have the scar

• Don't do it. It'll just draw attention to it even more. There's no guarantee it'll look better - could very possibly look worse.

Technology will advance. Give it 5-10 years and you'll be able to get your scar completely treated.

• I agree with anon, you should probably wait, for technology or methods to become available.

Also, if that doesn't happen, don't worry about scars like that. Many people have scars or birth marks and that kind of thing, I don't think people really mind.

• A tattoo is not going to be a deal breaker with 99.9% of guys, I daresay. As long as it's not freaky or trashy.

What Girls Said 0