How much do you spend on your look?

getting ready in the morning is my favorite part of the day. I plan to go to school for cosmetology to learn hair and makeup because I love it so much. I'm almost addicted to shopping.

i don't spend much on my hair, but I have hundreds of dollars of MAC makeup. most of my paycheck goes straight into my wardrobe. I love abercrombie and true religion, miss me, etc.

how important is looking good to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• preppy girl! ;) I usually go for affordable and quality products but spends a lot more on jeans if my budget can afford it otherwise I save money for it.

One day I want to learn advance cosmetology. I want to help people look good and maybe start a hair and make up business in the future.

What Guys Said 9

• I dress for function. And I would never, for any reason, dress in anything that broke these rules:

All parts of the body except for hands and forearms must be covered by a fabric that is sturdy enough to protect from abrasion but is also breathable.

Shoes must offer lateral support and grip the ground as if glued, as well as offer the ability to make sudden direction changes. When boots must be worn, they must offer good ankle roll protection.

Pants must have fit in such a way so as to carry things in my pockets without making my pockets bulge.

Sleeves for anything long sleeved must terminate a the exact point where the wrist meets the hand.

My "look" which is not a look but simply treating clothes as functional and not compromising function for fashion (a concept I find to be totally idiotic) can be had for dirt cheap.

I don't believe in jewelry or any accessories whose sole purpose is aesthetic. I do not believe in, and as a result, do not own, anything that has purely aesthetic and not functional value.

• you have a very practical way of dressing yourself, I see (: but (i'm just curious) do you see my perspective on fashion? As a sixteen year old girl, I care about my appearance alot. When I look in the mirror in the morning, ready for school, I get excited to show off my new outfit, or my new haircut or whatever. Its like having your artwork on display, where people can admire your work. people admire my fashion sense, in the same way someone might admire one of your motorcycles

• ohhh, your autistic? so is my little brother (: he's very sensitive to sound, and lots of commotion stresses him out. I love him to death, reguardless.

• One sound that really gets to me is the sound of women walking in high heels. It hurts my ears and makes me nauseous. I can't stand to hear the clack clack because it creates a unique sound wave I guess you could say that I can feel entering my ears and bouncing around in my skull. Like it hits on high and low frequencies at the same time.

• Well I am a guy, so I spend more time in the gym for my look than I do on clothes. My clothes tend to be mostly Obey and Kid Robo shirts, and then Vans pants. I do however have a nice collection of jackets because I like to dress my age, not so much into the hoodies that everyone seems to wear.

• Timewise not too much. generally just means combed hair and getting dressed.

Money wise a fair amount. My favorite store is express, which is pricey, so usually when I get extra spending money that's where it goes.

• Not that much, since I have a wife and kids.

If I was single, I fear I'd be spending like 500/month on clothes. I can't spend anywhere near that though.

• hahaha, I like this answer. was it hard for you to stop spending so much money on clothes?

i feel like if I had a family one day, it would be very hard for me.

but then again, I don't have children yet, so I don't have the same priorities as you most likely.

• I got married before I earned what I do now, so I never settled into it.

Also, I don't get to go out much so I drool over work stuff I want but I don't really have any justification for dropping a ton on casual clothes, so I don't.

If I were single, I'd buy this (you can get cut exactly to your build) like ... today ...

link

Which I suppose would make this at least an $800 month ;) Actually more, I already spent 400 ...

• lol.. I can honestly say most I've spent on anything like that was probly 10 dollars on a hat... I don't really care anout trying to look good, I figure if I look good I look good, if I look bad I look bad

• I enjoy looking good, I mean who doesn't? Every once in a while I will go shopping for some new clothes and nice cologne and whatnot, but since money is tight recently I haven't been spending on my appearance. If I had the money though I'd spend a fair amount

• Old work jacket, random t shirt, jeans, skater shoes. That's all I wear everyday.

• Sounds pretty normal for a girl. I usually spend about 20 mins. Gotta brush my hair and beard, pick out clean clothes...I don't spend much on clothes usually, but every now and then go on a big spree and get the stuff I need

• About 40min-1hr but I turn out pretty sexy I won't lie I'm a good looking dude

What Girls Said 10

• I love shopping and spending money on my looks but I try to find the cheapest way out of everything. Most name brands are over-priced for clothes that are not even great quality. I thrift shop and find amazing clothing (that I won't wear until I wash it). Since I don't wear make-up that much or wear that much make-up. I only buy lipsticks (nyx) and I have like 2 eyeliners and a tiny eye shadow pallet. & I do my hair myself since salons are expensive when it comes to natural hair. My hair products are pretty expensive but they last. My look is important but so is saving money (:

• To be honest it isn't my priority, There are other things in my life that are much more important than how I look. I like to keep my beauty products simple, a few eye shadows, two mascaras, several lip products, however I do like to spend a bit of money on makeup as I prefer quality but I have much less makeup than most of my friends. I like to spend some money of my hair such as hair care and hair cuts. Most of the money I earn I save.

• "how important is looking good to you?"

You don't have to spend a lot of money to look good. At least in my opinion.(:

I don't really spend any money on my hair...I have virgin hair so the only time I really pay something for it is when I get it cut, which my friend does for free for me most of the time. Other than that I just use whatever shampoo and conditioner my mom uses lol.

I go more days wearing zero make-up than I do with make-up. And when I do wear it It's just the cheap stuff. The most expensive make-up item I have is Falsies mascara...and that's like, what, $6?

And I buy inexpensive clothes. I would never pay more than $50 for a pair of jeans...even that's pushing it. But if you know where to look you can get good quality stuff for cheap prices. I don't care about designer names and labels.:p

• I spend whatever it costs for toothpaste and shower. I don't care about clothes or nails or any of that. I'd rather spend my money on music or save it for my future.

• <3<3<3=D

• It should be said that I don't actually pay for the toothpaste or shower since I don't live on my own and am under 18 lol. And taster thanks I think? Haha.

• Looking good is pretty important to me and I love playing around with makeup and clothes/shoes. But I don't spend all that much on it.

I have a lot of MAC makeup as well, but I don't spend all that much on it. My hair takes literally no time at all, cos it's so heavy that it sits really well without any styling. Clothes wise I don't really buy brand names, I just go to regular stores. I love books and traveling, and THAT'S what I spend the crux of my money on. It's more important to me, especially cos a girl can look amazing with a fresh face and hair, jeans and a tank top. Labels, cake faces, straightened hair and perfectly manicured nails can be rather superfluous to someone's beauty :)

• Important but I don't spend much money. I rarely buy new clothes because I have enough now. I don't buy new shoes because unless the ones I have now break, no need to. For makeup I'll usually buy decent products that will last me months. I do tend to spend money on my hair though. If I see a new hair product that looks interesting, I'll try it.

• I spend anywhere from an hour to a hour and a half. :)

• It's takes me the most 30 minutes, I don't really use makeup and all I do is straighten my hair :)

• Pretty much zero dollars, except for the occasional earrings and chapstick.

• I used to spend ridiculous amounts of money on makeup and stuff like you but I stopped wearing it mostly since people tell me I look better without it.

Approximately $150/mo on clothes.

I don't buy makeup often enough to really factor it in since I still have stuff I bought nearly a year ago seeing as how I hardly ever wear it.

$300/mo on gym membership + personal trainer (yes I count that as being part of my look).

$75/mo or so on general hygeine/grooming supplies.

I don't put too much effort into trying to look good because I feel sexiest when I'm done with my workout. My hair is thrown back into a pony tail, I'm covered in sweat, my muscles are tense and tight, and I'm dressed in just some shorts, sneakers, and a workout top. No dress or jeans can make me feel as confident or as sexy as I do then. So why bother?

• i look good with and without makeup. I just like a big variety lol anddd that's really when you look your best? / : yikes.

• Whether you realize it or not you look best when you feel best and if after your cross country runs is when you feel most empowered then that is when you will also look your best to guys. Guys don't know enough about women's clothes to be able to share your or my opinion on what looks good but they do pick up on what empowered feeling we give off during times like that and they find it sexy.

• Besides you know your legs look their best when you just got done with a long run all tight and toned and how else are you expected to show that off?